06: The Ball

It had been a few days since I emailed Dax. The ball was tonight and I was excited and nervous at the same time.

My dress was hung up on my door, waiting for me to put it on. All I had to do was to have a shower, apply some makeup then I was done.

I had an hour before I started getting ready so I decided to bother Liam for a bit. I found him in his room, sitting at his desk with his laptop. His face screamed serious as his eyes moved across the screen.

I lifted my hand and knocked on the door to get his attention. He soon turned his head towards me and his usual smile played on his face.

"Have you come to annoy me again?" he asked before returning to his work.

"How did you know?" I smiled as I walked over and lay along his bed. "Can I ask you something?"

"Wow, this conversation just turned serious." He laughed as he continued working. He finished off quickly and turned his chair to face me. "Go on."

"Why do we hate the moons so much?"

Liam frowned at my question. "They have been our enemies for as long as I can remember. It was a war that has been ongoing for years. Ever since our great-grandfather was alive."

"But why?"

"They have been trying to push us out of our country for years. They want full control of Europe and right now, they are winning. If they rid of us then they have full control." Liam sat back in his chair. "They want us dead, Bell."

"I don't think they all want us dead," I responded.

"I haven't met any of them except Wayne who is the current leader." He stopped himself. "Why are you asking this?"

"I was just wondering," I sat up. "It is just an endless war we are stuck in."

"If you say so," he mumbled before turning back and began working again. "You better start getting ready, we will be leaving early tonight."

~

I almost ran down the stairs in my dress. I stopped at the bottom of the stairs and saw the others there. Liam and Will were stood next to each other in suits.

Will was slightly taller than Liam like normal. Will was at least 6 foot two inches and Liam was 6 foot one inches. My father was in-between their heights. My mother and I were the same height which was five inches and eight inches. With our heels on, we were a bit taller.

"Are you serious?" Liam spat at me as he saw me.

Will lifted his head and turned to look at me. "What's wrong with her outfit? It's nice."

"Thank you, Will," I walked over to him and pecked his cheek. "This is why he is my favourite brother," I smirked at Liam.

Liam shook his head at me and turned his head to see our parents walk into the hall. My father had his arm around my mother's waist.

"You look lovely darling," my mother pecked my cheek as she walked towards me. She soon turned towards Will and Liam and pecked them both on their cheeks.

"You look elegant mother," Will gave her a small smile.

I was soon sat next to Will in our limo. I felt some anxiety start to rise from this ball. I was nervous that there could be a fight or anything worse than that.

I moved my hand and grabbed Will's right arm and held it tightly. He moved his left hand and patted my hand on his arm. He always knew what I was feeling.

The ball was over in London which was going to take us a couple of hours to get there. We were driving over to a spot where our helicopters where. We would be then flying over which should only take an hour.