17: What Now?

It had been a week since Dax's proposal and the events with my father. Dax took my phone and gave me a new one so I couldn't look at the messages from my father. He told me he did it to protect me.

I thanked him for doing it. I didn't want to receive any more messages from him.

What hurt also was that Will had gone. No one had seen him since he left with us that day. Liam came back with some moons but he had no idea where Will had gone. I wanted to contact him but Liam said nothing will happen. He had tried to contact Will but had no reply.

It hurt a lot over the last few days but I had to move on from it. I could only look at the future and help Dax and his family end my father and the Swedish.

"Nous devons trouver une faiblesse aux sirènes afin de les éliminer. (We must find a weakness to the Sirens in order to end them.)" a moon named Ames stated.

"Nous ne connaissons aucune des faiblesses qu'ils ont maintenant. (We do not know any weaknesses they have now.)" Lance replied with same cold voice as Ames. "Nous devons découvrir leur prochain déménagement et planifier à l'avance lorsque nous savons. (We have to discover their next move and plan ahead when we know.)"

I have no idea what they were saying. I knew a bit of French but not a lot. I just moved my eyes to Lance who was talking to Ames and everyone else. Liam was seated next to Rebecca who was whispering softly in his ear. She appeared to be translating for him.

"What are they saying?" I asked Dax as he was seated next to me.

"They are discussing our next move against your father," his voice was low in my ear. "They are seeing if your father has a weakness."

I moved my eyes back to Lance and Ames talking for a few seconds before turning back to Dax. He was still looking at me, waiting for my response.

"There is one weakness I think he has."

"Silencieuse!" Dax shouted.

The amount of authority in his voice made everyone stop talking.

It was a turn on.

Shit. I can't get turned on now!

"My father had a drug business that has been doing well in the last three years," I said slowly. "It started to bring in more money for us to invest in other businesses."

"Je ne savais pas que Wayne avait emprunté cette voie. (I wasn't aware Wayne went down that route.)" Ames grunted.

I blinked at the French words he spoke. Dax whispered low to me and translated the words which I nodded.

"English please Ames," I snapped at him which earned me a snicker from Lance. "The drug business was a secret my father kept from his enemies because if they knew then they could easily destroy it."

I sat back in my chair with my fingernails tapping on the table.

"Secondly, the location is unknown to us. All I know is that it is somewhere in Mexico."

"Excellente," Lance grinned. "Where in Mexico?"

"What part of 'unknown to us' do you not understand?" Dax smirked at Lance.

"Va te faire foutre," Lance growled at Dax.

"That has surprised me that he placed his drug business in Mexico," I heard Joel say. I saw he was sat at the front of the table with his arm crossed. It was the first time he spoke at this meeting.

"Why is that surprising?" Liam asked.

"The Mexicans are very close allies to us. We work very closely with them." Joel replied.