13: Are you Safe?

William

My fingers dropped on the table as I was sat in the meeting room with Liam, Dax, Lawrence and a woman named Lilly. A lot of the conversation was in French but I still understood it.

We were discussing the Swedish and their plans they had. We had heard rumours that they had arrived in Russia and ere working through a truce with them.

My phone vibrating on the table stopped Dax from talking.

“Sorry,“ I replied and Dax gave me a nod.

“Bell?” I said her name quietly but earned everyone’s attention.

“Will? I need help!” I heard her shout into the phone.

“What’s wrong? What’s happened?!” my voice was becoming more strained as worry started to overflow me.

“The Swedish, they are here in Paris! They found me.”

“Where are you?!” I asked. My voice started to get louder.

There was no answer.

I pulled the phone away from my ear to see the line had disconnected.

“Will?”

I turned my head to Liam to see him looking at me with worry.

I stood up too quickly and turned to the others. “The Swedish have got my sister.”

I saw Dax’s eyes softened at my words but he quickly corrected himself and has a cold stare in his eyes.

“How could you let this happen?!” Liam shouted as I started to pace the meeting room.

“How was I supposed to know they sneaked into France and were heading straight for her?!”

“She was with Mike last,” Lawrence or Lance said. “If she was taken then there were probably a few of them.”

“No shit,” Liam snarled.

“I need to go out and look for her,” I moved towards the door.

“Will,” Dax placed his hand on my shoulder. “Let us take care of it, we will find her.”

A mix of emotions played in Dax’s eyes. I knew he was feeling exactly like me at this moment. He loved Bell, I knew that very well.

I turned my head to the others and saw they were watching me carefully.

“I will find her Will.” Dax spoke in a hushed voice.

Defeated, I nodded.

Dax brushed past me with Lance on his trail after he gave me shoulder a squeeze. I could hear him instructing orders in French to the guards outside. I couldn’t hear him or I didn’t want to.

I promised our mother I would protect her and I failed.

I was a failure.

~

Dax

The anger burning in my veins was building each second that went by as Lance was driving us into the city.

He kept looking over at me. Probably to make sure I was keeping it together.

Inside, I was losing it. I was beyond angry that those pigs had crept into my country without us knowing and stole the one thing I loved. The one thing I wanted to protect more than my own country.

Maybe this feeling was unhealthy. But I knew one thing about it.

I didn’t care.

“Vous semblez sur le point de passer en mode kill complet. (You look like you are about to go full kill mode).”

“Ne me taquine pas maintenant, je ne suis pas d'humeur. (Do not tease me now, I'm not in the mood)." I replied sourly.

Lance shrugged his shoulders and turned his attention to the road.

I wasn’t in the mood to joke right now. My only focus was to get Isabella before the Swedish did something truly evil to her.

I just hoped she was not harmed but I don’t think that was true.

Lance parked the car as a crowd was surrounding something on the road. The police were stopping the crowd from getting any further.

I stepped out of the car and marched forward. The police officer stood facing me moving aside to let me pass. I stopped just behind the officer and looked down.

Lance stood next to me and let out a sigh at the view.

Mike lay on the floor with bullet holes in his chest. His throat had been slashed by a sharp object. The anger that was bubbling deep inside me was still at large. I will make them pay for what they have done.

Lance walked towards Mike and leaned down. He moved his eyes and closed Mike’s pale, lifeless eyes.

“Merci pour votre service, mon frère. (Thank you for your service, my brother).” Lance said quietly.

I took a deep breath and turned towards the officer.

“Depuis combien de temps est-il mort? (How long has he been dead?)”

“Pas longtemps, environ trente minutes monsieur. (Not long, about thirty minutes sir).”

I nodded and turned back to Mike. He must have died trying to protect her.

“Monsieur Moreau, (Mr Moreau)” I turned my head back to the police officer. “Nous avons réussi à retrouver les tueurs dans un immeuble situé en dehors de Paris. (We managed to find the killers in a building outside Paris).”

My lips tugged into a dark smile at his words.

I guess they didn’t do very well at getting away and leaving no witnesses.

Perfect.

“Quel est l'emplacement? (What is the location?)”