Rion: Decisions (Kingdom Hearts 358/2 Days Spoilers!)

(A/N: Slight AU where Naminé told Riku everything that she told Xion, so Riku has to tell Xion everything instead of Naminé. Or some of it.)

Riku and Xion were sitting on the Paopu Tree. "Riku...Who am I? What am I...here for?"

He already knew the answer: she was a replica of Roxas that had obtained some of Sora's memories. A puppet in the Organization. She wasn't supposed to exist at all. The only reason Xion was here is in case Sora and Roxas were to fail.

"But Sora can't wake up with Xion's existence interfering..."

"Riku?" Xion tilted her head.

"What?"

"These memories I have of a boy that looks like Roxas...They aren't mine, are they?"

"No." 

"Then why do I have them?"

He sighed. "First, What do you want to do?"

"I want to...be with you."

"You're-Wait, what?" Riku was surprised. He didn't expect that.

"I don't want to join him, I want to stay with you."

"...But you can't, Xion. Sora can't wake up with you still existing."

"I don't care about Sora, I care about you."

Namine certainly didn't prepare him for this. He didn't even know how to respond.

"What about Roxas?"

"...He's still my best friend, but that's all I think of him as. Same with Axel." She looks at him. "But you want Sora to wake up, don't you?"

"Yes..."

She sighed and stands up. "If it'll make you happy, I'll go join Sora. Just...Promise me that you and Namine will watch Roxas after I'm gone."

He smiled a little. "I promise."

"Then take me to Sora."

(A/N: There (If you squint) can be Slight! SoRiku & RokuShi but that's only slight. Also in between the conversation (like when she says things about joining Sora) Riku told her some things, but I didn't add that, so sorry if you got confused. Thanks for reading!)