35. everything will be fine

September 1992 - one year later

I walked down the tight alleys of Camden market in hopes of finding wherever the fuck Archie had gone, having wandered off half an hour ago to go and find something for the both of us to eat. I knew it was a long shot me trying to spot one person in the masses of tourists and market stalls, but I knew the direction he had went and had a vague idea of which places he tends to frequent. The only problem was that Archie knew no fear of the unknown, as overdramatic as that sounds, and he had a tendency to wander into the little nooks and crannies that any normal person would avoid for fear of getting lost.

The two of us had been living here for about 10 months now, with Rob and I deciding it was what's best for my career and Archie growing sick of feeling hopeless in Burnage. At first, I was consumed by guilt for leaving Liam, needing almost daily reminders that I waited by that phone in tears for nearly two month for him to speak to me again for it to never ring once. I would come home from the shop or from a shoot and the first thing I would ask is if Liam had called. But he never did.

I understood that he needed time, but I just needed to hear that he was okay. Then when I finally made my decision, I told Noel so that he could tell his younger brother to give me a ring so that I could tell him myself, which was followed by more waiting until the day of the train came, and it was too late. I was glad that Noel didn't think any less of me - I still saw him in that month before I left a lot through Lucy - but I was worried that the hurt I had caused Liam had created a warped vision of me in his head instead of seeing me as his best friend who loves him to bits.

Despite mine and Archie's flat being a mere 5 minute walk from Graham's, nothing ever happened between us, but that was mostly due to the fact he'd been so busy touring. He still rings me every now and then, probably like once a fortnight as opposed to every other night like how it used to be, and even when he's home I'm usually busy on a job so we would only ever see each other for a couple of hours every time he's home. We would only see each other properly once in a blue moon, and because of that we never took it any further than friends that had a certain fondness for one another.

"What the fuck you doing?" I heard someone say behind me, finding comfort in the Manc accent as it pulled me from my thoughts. I turned around to see Archie with two trays of nachos in his hands.

"Looking for you," I laughed as he handed me one. "You'd been gone ages."

"Yeah, I bumped into someone from work," he shrugged out his explanation and I nodded in understanding as I picked up one of the loaded nachos between my fingers, getting salsa and sour cream all over my hands.

Archie had gotten a job as a runner at a radio station in Camden in attempt to make his way up, realising he had a knack for making people laugh and playing DJ at parties.

"Can I tell you something?" I said, as we took a seat at a crumbly wooden picnic bench that sat in between two of the market stalls.

"What have you done?" He asked, rolling his eyes as he dug into his nachos.

"Martha's moving down soon," I told him, excitement evident in my tone.

"You what?"

"Yeah, the band's been signed so they're all moving down in the next month," I said and he looked up at me with a smile on his face, as he realised he'd finally get to reunite with Jarvo.