10. model of a charmless man

I was thankful that Graham or any of the others didn't ask for our numbers as we got up to leave, as it meant that I wouldn't feel compelled to cheat on Finn, and I probably won't see them again except from on the telly.

Robert had definitely taken something to get him in the state he's in, and the way he kept wiping his nose indicated to me that it was coke.

"Holly, this is Wendy," he told me, and Wendy smiled calmly in comparison to Robert's manic demeanour.

"Hiya darl," she said in a thick Manc accent as she set up her camera to point at the white wall, decorated with various paintings. "Now, fuck off Rob."

She was probably in her late 30's, and was cursed with a constantly stern face but a friendly voice. She had crows feet next to her eyes, and her hair had been dyed a jet black colour.

Robert left immediately, and she turned to me, taking a tape measure out of her pocket.

"Take your jumper off love." I hesitated, but removed it so that I was left in my denim skirt and white lacy bra.

"Eeeeh, you're tiny you," she commented as she wrapped it around my waist, hips and bust. "Make quite a contrast to the other girls they've got - all muscles and sporty girls."

"Ey so why's that Rob bloke telling me that I'm what adidas are after," I said, furrowing my eyebrows as my arms were raised over my head.

"Cos they're after something new," I watched her walk back over to her camera, and she instructed me on different ways of standing for my headshots. "They've got all that exercising shite, but they're really excited about this new line of originals, and that's where you come into it."

Then I had to do the full body shots, which made me feel like a twat as I was doing all these poses.

"Loosen up a bit darl'," she told me. "Here have some of this."

She pulled out a little baggy of the infamous white powder, made a few lines on a small mirror she had on a table near the camera and took two lines.

"Is everyone like this in this industry?" I asked, laughing at her as she held the mirror out to me,

"If you make it big, then yeah," she told me breathlessly with a laugh.

"Fuckin' hell," I chuckled, quirking my eyebrows and snorting the other two lines.

I walked back over to the white wall, and glanced out of the window in the door. Purely by chance, Blur walked past. I caught the eye of Graham, and flashed him a smile as he ogled through the window as I realised I didn't have a top on.

"Lads," Wendy said, shaking her head as she noticed me giving the eyes to Graham outside. "They're all daft."

-

Once she had instructed me to put my jumper back on, she took a couple more pictures and then took me to a printing room where she helped me choose the best pictures. I was given them in a folder and she sat down at a computer.

"Tell me about yourself, love," she told me, opening up a Microsoft word document and started typing.

"She's a slag," Lucy exclaimed as she walked through the door. She wasn't allowed in the photo shoot because they thought I'd get too distracted by her, which would've been proven to be true.