Chapter 40

{be brave, face your fears.}

Robs PoV

Yesterday was the day Preston dreaded most. I forced him into it. I thought it would help him face his fears, help him with his depression. But boy was I wrong, it didn't help, it made everything worse. I'm sorry Preston.

*yesterday*

"Hurry up!" I yelled at Preston, as I shove a bunch of shirts into a bag. I zip up the bag after it was full and throw it in front of the door. "We don't want to be late!"

"Shut the fudge up Robbie!" Preston hollered from the bathroom. I heard his electric razor going. Great, he is shaving his facial hair off.

The razor shut off and the door swung open, following it. "I'm fine, happy?"

I chuckled "of course. Now let's go!" I order as I grab our duffle bag and head out to the car.

Once we got in I thanked Preston. "Thanks for shaving off the mustache."

He gives me a long glare as the engine roars to life " you told me it shave it off!" He blurted out.

"Probably cause we are going to you're parents and you need to make a good impression. She needs to know that you being gay isn't a bad thing" I explained.

"Yeah yeah yeah." Preston mimicked. "I still think this is a bad idea."

"You're right, it is, but what else can we do?" I asked

He laughed. "Ignore them!"

"Ignoring your problems won't make them go away." I said so matter if factly.

Preston's PoV

Rob was right, ignoring my problems won't make them go away. So when we parked into the driveway of my parents house I was the first one out of the car. I ran to the door, knocking at it as my hand shook with tremendous force.

My mom answered before rob grabbed our stuff. "Hi, Preston." She says trying to make her voice happy to hide the anger. She failed.

"Preston!" I heard keeley's voice as she ran down the stairs to greet me. "I'm glad you could come!"

"Yeah." I said, looking at my mom as she opened up the doorway, letting me come in.