Chapter 41

(Shay’s Point of View)

Crazy hair day, crazy hair day.  What can I do with my hair?  Oh, idea!  It was crazy hair day at school today, the first day of spirit week leading up to Friday, which was Valentine’s day.  

I dashed out of the bedroom and down the stairs to find Will.  He was sitting at the kitchen counter, reading the paper like you see people doing in old movies and tv shows, and drinking a cup of coffee.

“Do you have any wash out hair dye by chance?”  I asked, expecting his answer to be a no.

“Actually, I do.”  He said, folding the paper and setting it down.  He looked up at me.  “Crazy hair day?”  He asked.  I nodded

“Yeah.  I want to do something cool with it this year.”  

“Well, let’s go see what I have.”  He said, grabbing my hand and pulling me up the stairs with him.  

We walked into the bathroom and opened the cabinet under the sink.  He rummaged around for a few seconds before emerging with several containers.  I smiled.  

“Alright, so it looks like we have some blue, some green, some red, some purple, and some yellow.”  He said, looking at all of the bottles, cans, and tubes laid out in front of us.

“Awesome.  I have an idea.”  I said, jumping up.  I started on my hair, braiding back two sections at the front of my head, braiding them back over my head and down towards my heck, stopping right as my head started to turn into my neck on each one.  I grabbed the red and coated the two braids, carefully avoiding every other part of my head.  

Then, I took the rest of the hair near my face and covered that in purple.  After that, I swept it back, covering the two hair ties I used for the braids and pinned it there with a few bobby pins.

After this, I took the rest of my hair and pulled it into a ponytail.  I then teased it up so it was sticking up and frizzing so it came up way past the top of my head and only ended about halfway down my neck.  I then grabbed the blue and sprayed almost all of that part of it.  I grabbed the green and sprayed my tips, smiling at my work.

I finally grabbed the yellow and sprayed the top of my head in between the braids.  I looked in the mirror and smiled at myself.  I looked awesome.  I couldn’t help but laugh at what a little kid I felt like.  

Will walked back into the bathroom and stopped when he saw me.  He smiled and shook his head.  Only then did I notice that he hadn’t done anything to his hair.  That just won’t do.  

“You look so cool.”  He laughed as he took in what I’d done to my hair.  I grinned like an idiot.

“Thanks.  Now it’s your turn.”  I said, grinning wickedly.  He shook his head.

“I don’t think so.”  He protested.

“I do.”  I declared.

“Shay, no.”

“Will, yes.”

“No.”

“Yes.”

“No.”

“Yes.”

“No.”

“Yes.”

“No.”

“No.”

“Yes.”

“Sucker!”  I shouted out.