Chapter 31

(I am so sorry for being slow updating - my laptop is being re-imaged and I haven't had access to it since Monday, so I stole my mom's while she was in the shower (shh... don't tell...).  And I just started school. :(   This chapter isn't much of anything, but I think it's kind of funny and it sets me up for some fun in the next few chapters to come.)  

(Shay’s Point of View)

“Okay, so what’s on the list?”  I asked Dani and Megan, who I was currently at the mall with to do Christmas shopping.  Seeing as my parents were going to be out of town for Christmas, we decided to skip the gift exchange so they just added extra money to my account this month than they usually do.  I decided that since I got sick over Thanksgiving, as usual, Dani and I took Megan Christmas shopping with us.  

The problem with this is that  despite having extra money to spend, I have no idea what to get for people, Will specifically.  I thought about golf clubs, but he doesn’t play golf, i thought maybe tennis, but he doesn’t play that either.  I think the reason this is so hard is that I’ve never actually had a boyfriend around Christmas, or Valentines, for that matter.  

“Well, you have to shop for Jeremiah, Will, Johnny, something for my parents, and yours truly, at the moment.  I’m sure others will arise at some point.”  Dani told me, winking when she was referring to herself.

“Wait...Will?  Who’s Will?”  Megan asked, looking at us curiously.  Dani and I looked at each other, stone faced.  

“Ah, Megan, you see, about that...”  Dani trailed off, looking nervous.

“The AP English teacher.”  I deadpanned.  Fuck it, she was going to find out eventually, might as well just tell her now.  

“What?!”  She asked in total shock.  

“You heard me.  Please don’t say anything, though.  It’s not the kind of thing that should be going around.”  I told her in a dull tone.  It makes me sad trying to hide my whole relationship with Will, but that’s just how it has to be.  

“I promise I won’t say anything, but just, you’re so lucky!”  She said in a hushed excited tone.  Dani and I looked at each other, shrugged, then laughed.

“Yeah, I guess I am.  He’s pretty great.”  I gushed, a lovesick smile on my face.  Megan cooed.

“That is so sweet.”  She responded, a genuine smile on her face.  

“It’s very sweet, but we have work to do.”  Dani cut in.  We all laughed, even though it wasn’t that funny, then took off shopping.  

(Will’s Point of View)

“Bryan, what do you get for the girl who has everything, and wants nothing?”  I asked lazily from my position on the couch.  Christmas break starts in a week and I haven’t gone shopping for Shay.  Hm, now that I mention things I haven’t done, I really should make my class turn in that song list soon.  Bad English teacher, bad.  Speaking of that, I should probably get on making Shay’s.  I wonder if she’s done mine...

“Jewelry.  Go jewelry.”  Bryan
    “Jewelry...that’s not a horrible idea...oh, I’ve got it!  Necklace!”  I jumped up, cheering.  Best idea ever.  And it came from me!

“Somebody’s got an idea...wanna tell me what it is...?”  Bryan asked, looking at me like I was a little crazy.  He just may be right about that.  

“I need my laptop.”  I announced as I jumped up to go get it.  

(Shay’s Point of View)