Chapter 48

(Shay’s Point of View)

Surprisingly enough, things with my parents went well.  I really thought my dad was going to be the problem, but it turns out this was just another thing that reminded me how much closer I was with him than my mom.  Dad was pretty cool about the whole thing; he and Will are gym buddies when Dad’s home now.  Mom, on the other hand...she took some convincing, but she’s finally come around.

Things with her were a bit rough for a while, but one day she and Will went out for lunch together, (which probably made her look like a cougar) and since then they’ve gotten along quite nicely.  I went to Will’s parents house again for Easter and am proud to say that I remembered the majority of his family.

I even got to wear a fancy dress and hat (yes, it was that kind of party).  After that, Will and I went to that 3oh!3 show I got him tickets for for Christmas.  Between then and now, I’ve actually signed with a college and gotten a cheerleading scholarship.  I’m going to school at Columbia next year.  It’s not right here, but it’s only an hour and a half away, so I’ll still get to see Will pretty regularly; we’ve decided that we’ll trade off weekends, as I’m not living on campus.  One weekend, he’ll come to my flat, and the next I’ll come back to his.  

Unfortunately, that doesn’t mean I’ll get to see my parents much.  They’ve both been offered jobs at the firm they’ve been working with for the last year in California, and moved to San Francisco on June sixth.  Will and I have already made plans to come visit once they’ve gotten settled in their new house.  Still, nearly a month later, we still haven’t been given the go ahead to book a flight.

Following the news of their move, Jeremiah finally admitted that he and Paulina, Will’s sister, were together.  He also confessed that that was the reason he was busy for so many weekends - a lot of the time, he was staying at hotels in the city and spending the weekends with her.

To add to the craziness of it all, Dani and Bryan have started seeing each other as well.  They’re taking everything really slow, though.  The fact that she’s here with him is actually really surprising.  They’ve been really low-profile about it - small dates, very PG, and very under the radar.  I take this as a very good sign; it means that they’re serious about each other.  Or at least that’s what I think.

Where is here, you might ask?  Here would be the Coleman Fourth of July party.  I was wearing a red, white, and blue bikini with one boob covered in blue with white stars, the other in red and white stripes, and a pair of white shorts, and Will in red and white trunks and a blue v-neck.  Both of us with a beer in hand and our sunglasses on.

I was looking around trying to find Dani when Will pulled on one of my belt loops.  I looked up at him and quirked my head to the side.

“What’s up?”  I asked.  He leaned down and kissed the side of my head.  With a big grin on his face, he drew me closer and breathed out a relaxed sigh.

“I love you.”  He said, kissing the side of my head again.  I smiled back at him and rested my head against his shoulder.  Okay, more like his chest, I don’t quite reach his shoulder, at least not comfortably.

“Well...I love you more.”  I told him with a smirk, challenging him to disagree.

“Why don’t we just agree that we’ll never agree about this.”  He suggested.

“I’ll drink to that.”  I winked at him and clinked my bottle against his.

We drove here this morning with Dani and Bryan (you can imagine the nightmare that was) and were all staying over for a few days before going back home.  Ha, home.  Funny story.  Since my parents moved to California, all of my stuff except for the essentials are in storage and I’m living with Will.