Chapter 7

(Will’s Point of View)

Over the next three weeks Shay and I kept going out and doing little things, we went out to this italian restaurant over an hour away, just so we could talk for the two hours there and back, we walked on the beach, went to the movies, and ran errands together.  It seemed like as long as we were together it didn’t matter what we were doing.  I still got that warm glowing feeling throughout my body everytime we touched.  

I woke up at 6:30 and got dressed to go for a run.  Every morning I ran by Shay’s house, not in a stalker kind of way, just because it made me think of her.  I ran past her house and looked up at the window that revealed her room.  I saw something strange: she was out of bed.  I had learned that she not a morning person and rarely got up before 10:00.  She was just standing facing away from the window wearing navy blue, dark green, and black plaid boxers and a white tank top that rode up in the back.  I swear she’s more gorgeous every time I blink.  I almost stopped by her front door, just to ask what she was doing up at this ‘ungodly hour’ as she calls this but then I remembered that I started work so I turned around and ran home to shower and change.

(Shay’s Point of View)

Beep.  Beep.  Beep.

“Fucking shut up.”  I grumbled at my alarm clock, smacking it on the top to turn it off.  I groaned and stood up, stretching my arms over my head.  I made my way into the ensuite bathroom still looking like a zombie and got into the shower.  15 minutes later I got out of the shower and blow dried my hair and put on a little makeup.  I walked back into my room and found I had two texts.  I opened the one from Dani first.

‘you better be out of bed because i’m gonna be really fucking pissed if your not at my house right at 7:30.  love ya!’ - Dani

‘I’m up, I’m up.’ - me

‘good.  you and your perfect grammer’ - Dani

‘You misspelled ‘grammar’.’ - me

‘who gives a shit?’ - Dani

‘...’ - me

    Then I opened the text from Will.
    ‘Hey, babe, good luck with your first day back at school.  I’m sure it’ll be great!’ - Will
    ‘Thanks, baby.  Don’t be surprised if I call you having a meltdown.’ - me
    ‘I’m here for you anytime you need to talk, meltdowns and all.’ - Will
    I don’t know what I did to deserve someone like him.  He’s just so sweet.  Every time I see him my heart swells and ever time he leaves it constricts, as if he makes it easier for me to breath.  Whenever he touches me it’s like I can still feel his touch on my skin even after he’s released me, like I’m never alone.  

I snapped out of my Will daze and walked over to my bureau to get dressed.  I decided on a pair of dark grey short shorts, a cobalt blue camisole with a white v-neck, and a pair of white Vans.  I decided I looked good enough and just barely remembered to grab gym clothes for cheerleading tryouts this afternoon.  I had gotten an email last week informing me that I had been ‘crowned’ captain so I was in charge of heading up tryouts.  I grabbed my backpack and jogged downstairs, yelling a goodbye to my mom and dad before running out the door and getting into my car.  I drove to Dani’s and was actually on time and we started the drive to school.   

“So, how have things with Will been lately?”  Dani asked, raiding my glove compartment for the gum she had stashed in it.  We had different gum preferences so she kept a pack of her gum in my car.  

“Great.  He’s a really nice guy, and he texts me all the time, and is a real gentleman, and-”  I said, losing myself in thoughts of Will.