Chapter 37

(Shay’s Point of View)

“Dani, I don’t even want to go.  That’s just not my scene anymore.”  I whined, trying to convince her to let me skip out on the big new year’s party some guy on the football team was throwing.  Ever since I met Will I just really wasn’t into the whole party scene.

“Oh man up.  You haven’t been to a party all year and people are starting to get suspicious.  And it’s New Year’s.”  She reasoned.  I so don’t want to go.  

“Fine.  You win.  I’ll go.  But we’re going seperately so I can leave when I want to and not have to worry about you.”

“No, we can go together and you can just have Prince Charming come pick you up.”

I hadn’t thought of that.  Alright, fine.”

(Will’s Point of View)

Shay and I had decided to come home from the city instead of staying for new years to see the ball drop in Times Square.  I guess that’s for the best anyways.  She would probably want to go to some crazy high-school party.  I was just thinking of calling and asking her what she was doing, my phone in my hand, when she called.  

“Hey.”  I said, anticipating the sound of her voice.

“Hey handsome, how’s it going?”  She asked in a flirty tone.  I swear if that wasn’t a turn on, I don’t know what is.

“Good.  Better if you were here, but I won’t push my luck.  How are you?”

“Eh, you know.  I’d be better if you were here too.  Anyways, I was calling to talk New Years.”

“Oh yeah?  What’d you have in mind?”

“Well, Dani’s making me go to some lame-ass party that I don’t want to go to, I’d much rather be with you, so I was thinking maybe if you wouldn’t mind, you could pick me up at like eleven, eleven thirty and we could spend the last hour or so together?”  She asked hopefully.  That’s really cute that she wants to spend New Years with me.

“I’d really like that.  I have no plans so that sounds great.”

“Yeah?  If you don’t want to I won’t force you to.”

“Oh no, I want to.”  I said quickly, making her giggle.  Hearing her giggle like that, I felt a stirring in my jeans.  Dear god, look what she’s done to me!

“That’s great.  It’s on Seashell avenue, but that’s all you really need to know.  I don’t think you should pick me up right in front of the house anyways, that would look suspicious if anyone saw you.”

“That’s a good point.  I’ll just wait a house or two over.”

“How will you know which house the party’s at?”  She asked in a way I knew meant she was cocking her head to the side with confusion.  

“Trust me, if your parties are anything like the parties I went to in my high school days, I should have no problem telling which house it’s in.”  I said, chuckling.  I always went to the wild and crazy parties that you could hear from the next town over.  

“Good point.”

(Shay’s Point of View)

Dani and I were at my house getting ready for the party before Jere came and picked us up.  He had been in touch with Paulina since Christmas.  Will and I both thought it was cute that they got on so well.

I was standing in my bathroom wearing a short, tight, bright red dress that zipped all the way up the back from the bottom of it to the top.  It literally fit like it was spray painted on your body, tight and slick.  The dress had a kind of cool, deep v-neckline that was the same on the back as it was on the front, creating a really cool look.  It was an awesome dress.