Chapter 8

(Shay's Point of view)

"I don't know, can you?"  I said with a mischievous grin on my face as I waited for everyone to leave.  

"Smartass."  He said, walking towards me with his arms open.  I kind of let myself collapse into him and waited to speak until he locked the door.  I was trying really hard not to cry but unfortunately, I was unsuccessful.  He felt me start to cry and just pulled me closer, rubbing up and down my back with one hand, the other holding me close around my waist.  

"I...I'm s...s...sorry."  I said into his chest, trying to get myself together.  It didn't work.  

"Why are you sorry baby?"  He asked looking a little confused.  "I'm not mad, you didn't do anything wrong, there's nothing illegal about this, it's just kind of fundamentally wrong.  Everything's fine."  He said, pulling us over to a desk and sitting me down on it before walking in between my legs, pulling me close again.  I looked up at him.

"You're not mad?"  I whispered, fearing that it was some kind of sick joke.

"I'm not mad."  He said, moving his hands from around me to on the desk next to my legs.   

"You really mean it?"  I asked, still in disbelief.  

"I really mean it."  He said, leaning in and gently kissing me.  I wrapped my arms around his shoulders as he kept his firmly on the desk as so he wouldn't lose his balance because of how far he had to bend over.  He bit my lower lip gently and I opened my mouth for him.  We started hitting tongues, fighting over who had dominance.  He eventually won, so I just took the backseat and enjoyed myself.  He pulled away and we just looked at each other.  "Believe me?"  He asked, referring to the conversation that had taken place previously.

"I suppose I do."  I replied, a feeling of ease washing over me.

"We should probably discuss guidelines for how this whole thing is going to work."  He suggested, taking his right hand and drawing small circles on my left thigh with his index finger.

"We probably should, outside of school."  I said, looking him in the eye.

"After school?"  He asked.

"I have cheerleading tryouts.  I'm  in charge of picking the team this year because I'm captain."  

"You're cheerleading captain.  You said you were a cheerleader, not captain.  What about if right after you just drove straight to my house?  We could talk and get you home in time for your parents to arrive."  

"Will, I'll be a hot, sweaty mess."  I said, cringing at the thought.

"I don't care.  Really, just come over afterwards and we can talk."  He said sweetly.

"Alright, you asked for it."  I responded, making a mental note to put on extra deodorant.

"That, I did."  He said, kissing me gently one more time.  "Now, get out of here.  Dani's probably going to be pissed at me for stealing you."  

"Shit."  I said, standing up and looking at him.

"Language."  He said jokingly as I turned towards the door.

"Uh-huh, sure."  I said, over my shoulder as I walked through the door.    

"So?  What'd he say?  Why do you look like a raccoon?  Shay?"  Dani asked as soon as I walked out of Will's classroom.

"Woah!  Where'd you come from?  What do you mean I look like a raccoon?"  I asked, fearing the worst.  Dani held up a compact and I saw my reflection in the mirror.  "Damn, you weren't kidding."  I said as we hurried off to the bathroom to clean up my face.