Will they sleep in the attic? Or will you all sleep on the second floor? Who has the bedrooms facing the street? I'll know as soon as you move in. It will help me to know who is in which bedroom. Then I can plan better.

After receiving this letter, Maria and Derek stopped bringing their children to the house and out a hold on their plans to move in.

[THIRD LETTER]

Several weeks later they received another letter that simply read.

Where have you gone to? 657 Boulevard is missing you.

By the end of the year the investigation had stalled. There were no fingerprints or a digital trail to follow.

The stress was taking a mental toll on the family. Derek said he was experiencing depression. Maria's therapist stated she was suffering with PTSD. Both were afflicted with level of paranoia that made much of their daily life seem threatening.

6 months after the letters started arriving, they decided to sell the home. However buyers were reluctant due to the rumors surrounding the home.

The Broaddus faniky sued the Woods' family for failing to tell them about the letter they had received.

A local reporter found the complaint which included parts of the letters. His small story turned into a media circus.

At this point finding a buyer was impossible. She they decided to split the plot. They would take down the house and build two separate homes on the plot. However, each house would be less than 3 feet too small for the mandated size of the neighborhood.

While that may seem like them just following rules, in 2018 the planning board that rejects the Broaddus family's request approved for another house to be demolished and split and that required a much larger exception to the rule than The Broaddus family asked for.

After the rejection an upset Maria said,

"This is my town. I grew up here. I came back, I chose to raise my kids here. You knew what we've been through. You've had the ability 2 1/2 years into this nightmare to make it a little better and you have decided that this house is more important than we are."

The Christmas of the year they got reject, some families who were vocal about not wanting the Broaddus family to split the home had received threatening lettered signed Friends of the Broaddus Family.

In Spring of 2016, just two years after they received the first letter, they found someone to rent the home. The Broaddus' added a clause that would let this family out if they received a letter.

[FOURTH LETTER]

Just two weeks after moving in, the new family got a letter, but it was addressed to Derek and Maria. Not all of it was published as it is said to be extremely graphic, but here is what has been published,

To the vile and spiteful Derek and his wench is a wife Maria,

657 Boulevard survived your attempted assault and stood strong with its army of supporters barricading it's gates. My shoulders if the Boulevard followed my orders to a T. They carried out their mission and saved the souls of 657 Boulevard with my orders. All hail The Watcher.