Tamla Horsford

[OVERVIEW]

Tamla Horsford was a mother of 5 who lived in Forsyth County, GA. Her life was cut short on November 4, 2018 after attending a "football mom" sleepover.

This case is quite interesting but it never really received any media coverage. The only reason I knew about her was because of social media after people wanting her case to be investigated further because things don't add up to many.

And when I say this had little media coverage I mean like none. It took me forever to research this story. My phone almost died twice trying to find articles and videos about what happened, and even I found a few things that didn't add up.

This also means I don't have all the information when it comes to the case cause there really isn't much out there. But I'll try my best to piece all the information I did find together.

And a little backstory before we get started, for those who don't know Forsyth County doesn't have the best history when it comes to people of color. The county as a whole is very racist, especially the parts where it takes place (no, im not saying that everyone who lives there is racist. Just a lot of them are). And Tamla was a black woman and the only woman of color at the sleepover.

Okay so let's begin.

[SLEEPOVER]

On November 3, 2018, the 40 year old went to a friends house to have a "Football Mom" sleep over with 7 other women. What exactly happened at the party is unknown.

But what we do know is around 1:45 am on November 4 Tamla went outside onto the deck to smoke.

And from her toxicology report we also know Tamla drank, smoked marijuana and did Xanax. Her blood alcohol level was .238.

We also know that even though this sleepover was a sleepover meant for women that three men were also there.

That's about all we know from the party.

[BODY DISCOVERY]

Now this is where the reports don't match with one another.

Most reports say that Tamla was found around 7:30 am on November 4, lifeless on the ground.

Other reports say she was found around 8:30 am.

But what remains the same throughout all reports is the time the 911 call was made, which was around 8:55 - 9:00 am.

Either way there was still a significant amount of time between when the body was found versus when the 911 call was made. I don't know about you but if I found my friend on the ground, possibly or definitely dead, I'd be calling 911 right in and there. I definitely wouldn't wait 20 minutes, let alone over an hour.

[AUTOPSY]

Official reports say that after she went onto the balcony of the home, she, in a very drunken state, fell off the 18 foot balcony.

Tamla suffered a fractured cervical vertebra in the neck, bleeding on the brain, and multiple lacerations and abrasions to the face, head, neck, torso and extremities. Her right wrist was dislocated and a 1 inch laceration was observed on her wrist.

The report also described a "3/4 inch linear laceration to the right ventricle" of her heart, meaning a tear in the wall of the right lower heart chamber. That injury alone would have been fatal.

[FAMILY INVESTIGATOR]

In February it was announced that Tamla's death had been ruled accidental and closed.

Tamla's best friend, who wasn't at the party, told investigators that Jose Barrera leaked her personal information after finding him suspicious and that he started harassing her after she started questioning him about her best friends death.

It was revealed that Jose Barrera also accessed confidential reports on Tamla's case. To which he was promptly fired.

Now you might be wondering "Who is Jose." And I'll tell you.

Jose Barrera was a pre-trail Officer who uses his connections to get documents that dealt with Tamla's case. Jose also happened to be one of the three men at the "Football Mom" sleepover, was the one who called 911, and is the boyfriend of the homeowner where the party was held.

Tamla's family hired their own investigator because they felt like the police weren't during what they needed to be doing in order to get justice. However, the investigator couldn't really do anything until the case was closed.

Tamla's father said he believes she was killed inside the house and taken outside in order to stage a fall.

The police that arrived after the 911 call was made said that with the way her body was positioned it didn't seem like she fell from the balcony.

A second autopsy concluded that she had post-mortem injuries. The second time the autopsy was performed it was said that her injuries didn't look consistent with a fall like that.

[THOUGHTS]

I'm sorry if this really isn't as organized. Like I said before, there really isn't a whole lot of information out there about this case cause there was very limited media coverage and certain things seem to vary depending on the report.

But what do you guys think happened?

Do you think she was so drunk that she fell off the balcony or do you think someone inside the house killed her and staged it to look like an accident?