Kurt Cobain

[OVERVIEW]

Kurt Cobain was the lead singer, guitarist and songwriter for the grunge rock band Nirvana. Kurt struggled with drugs but went to rehab but ran away from it soon after. After missing for days Cobain was found in a greenhouse at him home on April 8,1994 but it was discovered that Cobain actually died on April 5th.

The official report is Cobain shot himself. Initial reports stated it was a direct gunshot to the head but documentaries and biographies have reported it as being a shot through the mouth.

[THEORY]

Many believe that Kurt did not commit suicide even though he struggled with depression, other mental illnesses, and drug addiction. Many people believe that Kurt was murdered. The least popular belief is that his record label had him killed but the most popular theory is that his wife Courtney Love had him killed.

[RECORD LABEL]

There wasn't much evidence on this theory as things like this are a lot harder to prove.

Nirvana was one of the most popular bands. People who didn't listen to their music still knew who they were because they were just that well known. But it seemed that Kurt didn't want to continue the lifestyle and wanted to quit the band and music industry altogether.

This theory states that the record label didn't want Kurt to leave but when Kurt refused to stay they had him killed.

[COURTNEY LOVE]

This one is the most popular theory by far. This theory began with Tom Grant, a PI hired by Love herself to find Cobain after he went missing from rehab. Grant found out Kurt was planning on divorcing Love and taking her out of his will and Grant believed Love found out about that and hired someone to kill Kurt.

Cobain's exgirlfriend, as well as many others, has referred to Love as fake and a sociopath. His ex even said Love spread nasty rumors about her including that she killed Loves cat. People also say that her lack of emotion for human life was proven when she allegedly did heroin while pregnant.

Just a week after Cobain's death Courtney Loves band released an album titled Live Through This. Many fans find it weird, distasteful, cold and calculated. She also went on tour and had numerous relationships with famous men. While this doesn't prove any theories it doesn't stop fans of Cobain being hostile towards Love.

[ELDON HOKE]

In April of 1997, Eldon Hoke, of the band The Mentors, did an interview and stated that Courtney Love offered him $50,000 to kill her husband. While he said he refused he went on to implicate a man named Allen. Fans suspect Allen to be Allen Wrench of Road Whore. However, Hoke's claim could not be proven or disproven as on April 19, 1997, just days after the interview, in a drunken state got struck by a train and died.

[HEROIN LEVELS]

Cobain had taken heroin shortly before killing himself: drug paraphernalia was found next to his body. Post-mortem tests found a very high level of the drug in his body, 1.52 mg per liter of blood. It is hypothesised that this would be so much that Cobain would be unable to hold the gun and pull the trigger. However other experts say this would depend on how habituated Cobain was to heroin; and he had been using it for a few years.

[THE GUN]

Cobain killed himself with a long-barrelled shotgun, which it is suggested would be hard to use to shoot oneself in the head. However the police seemed to accept this was possible. For comparison, Ernest Hemingway killed himself with a long-barrelled pigeon gun. Seattle police reportedly released photos showing a police officer posing with the gun in various positions. It was also later determined that the entry wound was through the mouth, very easy to do with a shotgun and using one's thumb or forefinger.

[LOST OR MISSING EVIDENCE]

There were theories that the gun had been melted down as part of a conspiracy, but police released a series of photographs in 2016. This misapprehension may have arisen because Love declared an intention to have Cobain's other guns melted down, while the suicide weapon remained with police. There were also a number of rolls of film taken by the police which were not released until long after the death; and a note by Cobain was not released until 2014; this drip-drip-drip of information fueled conspiracy theories. Tom Grant claimed that Seattle police either botched the investigation or deliberately lied to cover up the true culprit.

[SUICIDE NOTE(S)]

It has been asserted either that Cobain did not write the note, or that the note did not refer to suicide but to Cobain's plans to leave Courtney Love, or that Cobain only wrote a part of the note and somebody added to the end references to suicide. The last four lines are written much less neatly, which could mean they were added by Love (although it would be a terrible forgery) or could have been written after he took some of the drugs just prior to his suicide.

Tom Grant, a leading proponent of murder theories, claims to have found a "handwriting practice sheet" from Love's handbag which shows Love had been practicing faking Cobain's handwriting.

A second note was released by police in 2014: sometimes incorrectly described as a suicide note, it contains criticisms purportedly by Cobain of Love: he calls her a bitch and complains about her being obsessed with money. There is no indication of when the note was written. Even the Daily Mail, always keen to bash Love, conceded it could be taken more than one way: "Was the note written in anger by a resentful Cobain, desperate to escape his unhappy marriage? Or was it a play on words penned with the knowledge of Love, that the musician carried around to remind him of their unconventional bond?" Love later stated that she had written the note, a claim supported by two sources who examined the handwriting, including Love's sister, Nicole Jon Carroll, and a former employee of the Kurt Cobain estate who has closely examined Cobain's and Love's journals.
Additional comparisons between the note and other samples of Love's writing have lent support to this claim.

[CLAIMS THAT COURTNEY LOVE LIED ABOUT PREVIOUS SUICIDE ATTEMPT]

Cobain took an overdose of painkillers in March 1994 and was hospitalized in Rome, Italy. At the time Love said that Cobain had attempted suicide, while a doctor who treated him reportedly said that it did not look like a suicide. This could be seen as an attempt by Love to promote the idea that Cobain was suicidal. However, it is only circumstantial evidence at best, and if you believe Love planned to kill Cobain because he announced he was leaving her (the most plausible motive), you would have to construct a timeline that includes Love finding out about his plans well in advance, dropping hints of suicide, then waiting a month before killing him.

[COBAIN'S WILL]

PI Tom Grant claimed that Cobain's lawyer Rosemary Carroll told him that Cobain was planning to change his will to exclude Love, as part of plans to leave and divorce her. This could be a motive for Love to murder him. However, Carroll has since refused to comment, so it is hard to know what weight to attach to this.

[EVEN CRAZIER STUFF]

[CIA]

Love reportedly told Hollywood Inquirer in 2016 that Kurt Cobain was killed by the CIA because of his anti-establishment political views. She claimed that for years she believed government surveillance had harried Cobain to suicide, but she had recently received CIA files proving murder.

[Kurt Cobain faked his death because he was a lizard man]

Multiple theorists say that Kurt is a Lizard Man and that he faked his death because the FBI was on him. Theorists say you can tell this by his weird behaviour on stage. People say he was "drunk" or on "drugs," other people say that it was just his personal lizard man habits. Kurt faked his death by impregnating himself (making a clone). He would later shoot the clone to fake his death. To this day, theorists still don't know the whereabouts of Kurt Cobain the Lizard Man.

[YOUR THOUGHTS]

Do you think someone killed Kurt or do you believe he killed himself?