Chapter 16

By the time we left Malibu, it was shortly after 11.

On the car ride back, I couldn't help but feel awkward about my breakdown in front of him.
Of course I know it was completely reasonable for me to react that way, but I can't help but feel embarrassed.

"I have a question," Jeff asked cutting me out of my thoughts.

"Shoot," I look over at him in the driver's seat.

"I have an event to attend tomorrow night and I was wondering if you wanted to be my plus one," He asks and I hold back a smile.

"So like your date?" I ask.

"Yeah, like my date," He smiles at me quickly before putting his eyes back on the road. Perfect by Ed Sheeran started playing softly in the background, bringing a smile to my face.
"I don't know. I'll have to check my schedule," I jokingly say to him causing him to laugh.

"Well when you know, let me know. I have to know whether I should find a new date," He says and I hit his shoulder.

"I'd love to come with you," I tell him just as we pulled into my driveway.

"Thanks for coming out with me tonight. I had a great time," He tells me as he walked me to the door, a simple gesture that I've never experienced before.

"Yeah it was definitely a great way to celebrate my first semester," I smile up at him before he leaves a quick peck on my lips.

I can honestly say I wasn't expecting that, but I'm also not complaining.

"I'll pick you up at 7 tomorrow night," He says before walking off.

"Wait Jeff," I yell to him and he spins around.

"What do I wear?"
"Don't worry about that," He says with a wink before jumping in his car.

What does that even mean?

I just shake my head and head inside to see I'm the only one home.

I take advantage of being the only one home and get comfortable on the couch and turn on Gilmore Girl.

Not even 10 minutes later, Scott and Kristen walk through the door.

"Ooh he followed through with the 10 oclock rule," Kristen said jokingly and I roll my eyes.

"How was it?" She plops down on the couch next to me and I know that it's not going to be the only question so I pause my show.

"It was good. I just got back not too long ago," I tell her. I can feel Scott watching me from the corner of the room and I can feel the tension in the room.

"What'd you do?" She asked.

"We went to Malibu and got dinner before walking along the beach and just talking," I tell her.

"What'd you talk about?" She asks. I wasn't kidding when I said there was going to be a lot of questions.

"Everything really," I tell her.

SIlence takes over for a few seconds, but Scott's eyes still haven't left me.

"Scotty, can we talk?" I ask and he nods, following me to my room.
We both take a seat on my bed and I take a deep breath in.
"I told him about Christmas," I tell him and his eyes widen.

"You did?" He asks shocked.

"It felt right," I told him and he nodded slowly.

"You know I don't fully support this relationship," He says shifting the topic slightly.

"We're not dating Scott. We're just.. Well I don't really know what we are," I tell him.

"I know you're just my little cousin, practically sister. I'm just looking out for you," He says and I smile at him pulling into a hug.

The next morning I woke up to someone knocking on my door.
"What?" I growl not fully awake.

Kristen comes in holding a vase of roses and a box.

"What is that?" I ask and her smile intensifies.

Her smile is so wide I feel as though I'm dreaming and she's going to turn into a demon or something before killing me.

"It's for you," She says taking a seat on my bed.

"Why'd you get me roses and a gift?" I ask her.

"I didn't," She hands me a small card.
Confused, I open it to see a handwritten note.

Elena,

You're still sleeping probably, but I got you this to wear tonight.

If you don't like it, wear whatever, but figured you may like it.

Can't wait to see you tonight,

Jeff

I smile at the note and dive into the box only to see a beautiful dress. It's a light greenish gray dress and it's completely gorgeous.

"Oh my god Elena! What is this for?" Kristen exclaimed taking in the dress.

"Jeff asked me to go to an event with him tonight and he surprised me with this," I tell her.

"I ship you guys so hard," She says and I roll my eyes.

I just got out of the shower to see that the time is now 6pm.

I blow dry my hair and apply some light makeup before getting dressed in the dress that Jeff got for me.

Once I put it on, I see that it fits me perfectly, and I'm amazed how he knew my size.

I find a pair of pain black heels in my closet and throw those on with my dress.

I spray some perfume on and head out to the living room.

"Oooh can I take you on a date tomorrow night?" Kristen jokes getting up to look me over and I laugh.

"Sure. Where are we going?" I joke at her.

"Elena you look gorgeous," Scott says coming in the room with Todd.

"Yeah damn you look hot. Where are you going?" Todd asked.

"Jeff asked me to accompany him to an event tonight," I tell him as Kristen takes a picture of me.

I'm impressed by the picture and decide to post it.

And now we wait.

Daviddobrik, corinnakopf, todderic_ and 2914 others like this

Tagged: Jeff

ElenaConner: Feelin fancy

Corinnakopf: UMM HOT

User1: omg the dress

User2: wait she tagged Jeff why'd she tag jeff

Daviddobrik: dang watcha you doin later

Kristenmcatee: so jealous of you

User3: this is not it 

~~

Is anyone else obsessed with Gilmore Girls?
I started it a couple weeks ago and it's so good