Chapter 13

"Nobody knows you nowwww when you're dying in LAAAA," Todd screams from the passenger seat as Scott drives and I laugh in the back.
We're currently heading back to Huntington Beach for Thanksgiving and decided we might as well drive together since we're going to the same place.

We only have about 20 minutes left in our drive and I just look out the window looking at the familiar scenery.

It's weird being back here as it has been a couple of months, but it does feel good to be back I'll be honest.

I haven't talked to any of my friends since being gone, so I'm not planning on seeing any of them. Thankfully, we'll only be here for 3 days.

Scott drops Todd at his place and I crawl into the front seat.

Within a few minutes we're at my house, and Scott follows me inside.

"Honey," My mom yells as she wipes her hands on a towel before running over to hug me.
"Hi mom," I say hugging her back.

As we pull away, I see Scott and his parents greeting and I look around for my dad.
"Where's dad?" I ask my mom.

"Oh he's at the store. We forgot to get cranberries," She says and I laugh.
To say my family takes Thanksgiving seriously is an understatement.

For days my family prepares, and seeing as how it's the day before Thanksgiving, my mom probably hasn't slept in days.

I run upstairs to my room after saying hi to my aunt and uncle and drop off my bags.

I stare longingly at my bed wanting more than anything to take a nap but I know my mom will literally kill me if I don't get back downstairs and help.

I change into a pair of athletic shorts and a tank top before heading downstairs.

Throwing my hair into a ponytail, I look at the mess in the kitchen and wait for instructions on where to start.

"Okay. Elena, I need you to make the cherry pie. Scott, you're on apple pie duty," My mom bosses and I notice that my aunt and uncle left.

"Where'd they go?" I ask Scott.

"They went home to cook some stuff since there's too much stuff going on here," He says while washing his hands and I nod before doing the same.

My mom turns on some music that we all start dancing to and cooking .
I honestly missed this. Just having time with my family and having a good time.

"Hello hello," My dad said coming through the door with a grocery bag.

"Dad!" I yell and give him a hug.

"Lena I missed you!" He gives me a hug back.

I get back to assembling the pie and before I know it, it's 10pm and everything is mostly cooked and ready for tomorrow.

I decide to head to bed as I know tomorrow's going to be a long day.

As I climb in my bed, I can't help but sigh a sigh of relief due to the comfort of my bed.

I can tell by the smell of my sheets my mom freshly washed them and I snuggle even deeper into my sheets before I drift off to sleep.

~~

"ELENA! IT IS 8AM YOU WERE SUPPOSED TO BE UP AN HOUR AGO!"

I groan and debate telling my mom off but I know that's just going to lead into more problems.
"ELENA!" She yells again.

"I'm up mom!" I yell back. I force myself out of bed and into the shower.

After showering, I blowdry my hair and add loose curls.

I grab my outfit which consists of a burnt orange sweater, a black jean skirt and a pair of black flats.

I throw some light makeup on and decide to take a picture for Instagram since it's been a while since I've posted anything.

Once I take a picture that I'm happy with, I head downstairs to see my mom running around like a chicken with her head cut off while my dad sits at the table reading the paper.

"Good morning," I greet.

"About time you got up. We have so much to do before we go to the Sires," My mom says and I chuckle.

I help her get everything together and we jump in the car to head to the Sires.

On our way there, I lightly edit the picture I took earlier and put it on Instagram.

Jeff, Vanilladingdong and 583 others like this

ElenaConner: You haven't experienced Thanksgiving until you've experienced a Conner Thanksgiving.

VanillaDingDong: TRUE

Todderic_: My favorite part of the year

Kristenmcatee: Ughhh wish i wasn't missing it.

User1: Wait who is this

User2: @user1 I think she's related to scott

Jeff: <3

I roll my eyes when I get the notification of Jeff's response. Of course he would respond to it. I decide to ignore it and hope it'll go away, even though I know it won't.

We pull up to the Sires house and it doesn't take long to get the arrangement of different desserts and appetizers into their house due to the help of Todd and Scott.

Todd has come to our Thanksgiving celebration since I was little. However, over the past few years he's been celebrating with his girlfriend Corinna but they recently broke up so he's back to celebrate with us.

I look at the wide variety of many many different foods and can already feel my food baby.

Where do I even start?

~~

Okay so this is like kinda early but I'm already getting ideas for my next story (lol). 

So I was thinking of changing it up and doing something unrelated to the vlog squad? Maybe like a Shawn Mendes fanfic type thing?? 

Would anyone read that or should I just stick with VS?

Plz let me know