Chapter 6

I had the best time with Jeff and was upset when it had to come to an end.
We decided to head back to my new place around 9 since my classes started at 9 the next morning.

As we get in his car, he immediately rolls down the windows which is the best and only way to drive. He starts playing his playlist, and of course Wicked Game comes on causing us to laugh.

"This is becoming our song," He says and I blush. Thankfully it's dark so he can't see it.

"I'm just surprised you know this song," I tell him.

"Why's that?" He glances at me before looking at the road again.

"You just have that bad boy vibe where you just like hard shit," I tell him and he raises his eyebrow at me.

"Hard shit?" He questions.

"Like you know Guns n Roses, Iron Maiden," I list off.
"Nah I just wear their shirts," We both laugh before falling into a comfortable silence as the next song comes on. I recognize it as Better Now by Post Malone.

I look out the window and up at the sky and see that the sky is covered in stars. It's not very noticeable as the LA lights take away from the beauty, and that is one thing I miss from living in Huntington Beach.

We pull into the driveway and I feel myself pout.
Jeff is so easy to hang out with and I feel as though I can be myself. I've gotten to really enjoy spending time with him.

"We need to do this again soon," He says and I look up at him.
"Yeah definitely. But I'm paying next time," I point my finger at him and he rolls his eyes.

"Yeah okay," He says sarcastically.
"Have a good first day of school!" He yells as I get out and I laugh.
"Bye Jeff," I say before heading into the house.
I see Kristen and Scott sitting on the couch watching some show.

"Where'd you go?" Scott asks.

"Oh, Jeff and I went bowling," I say nonchalantly plopping down on the couch as well.

"You and Jeff?" Scott asked weirdly. I see Kristen smirk at me but I chose to ignore her.

"Yeah David's was really overwhelming so we decided to get out," I tell Scott.
Scott knows I've had tons of issues with my anxiety so his facial expressions softened as soon as he heard that.
"I'm sorry I wish you told me," He tells me.
"I'm a big girl, Scott,"
"I know," He says and we fall back into silence.
"Well, I'm going to get ready for bed. Class starts at 9 tomorrow," I say before saying a quick goodnight and crawling into bed.

I start feeling anxious for tomorrow as I've heard countless horror stories of law school.
A lot of people said that you have a ton of work due on the first day but none of my professors put anything up so I'm just praying that I don't have anything due.

With all of the anxious thoughts, I finally drift to sleep.

~~

Beep.

Beep.

Shut up.

Beep.

Okay seriously?

Beep.

I finally open my eyes with a groan when I realize it's my alarm. I check my phone to see it's 6:30 and instantly debate whether to skip the first day.

I didn't fall asleep until after 2 last night due to nerves, so the idea of being awake is not ideal.

I stand up with a stretch and make my way toward my closet.
I grab a pair of light washed ripped jeans and a black tank top and quickly get dressed before throwing on my makeup and brushing my naturally straight hair.

I head into the kitchen and make oatmeal for breakfast.

As it heats in the microwave, I throw my backpack together.

I notice a note on the counter and see it's addressed to me.

Have a good first day I know you've been dreaming of this for years!

So proud of u,

Scott

I smile as I finish reading it and quickly eat my breakfast before heading off to school.

As I pull into the parking lot, I see it's 8:40 which leaves me 20 minutes before class starts.
I decide to go ahead and head to my class so that I can get a decent seat.

I decide on a seat in the middle, and go ahead and pull out my laptop.

"Hey you," A male voice says and I look up to see Harry.

"Oh hey," I smile and he sits down.

"So I've heard our professor is an old snob," Harry jokes.

"Aren't all law professors?" I whisper back and he laughs just as our professor comes in.

Luckily class went by quickly and I stayed on campus since my contracts class is at 12.

Harry also doesn't have class until noon so we decide to head to the library to get some studying done.

We start discussing what we talked about in Torts this morning, and I find it makes a lot more sense now that I've heard it from a different perspective.

Before I know it, my contracts class is approaching and my break is over.

I'm excited for my contracts class as I know it's a part of law that I find interesting.
If I wasn't going into criminal defense, entertainment law is something I'd most likely be pursuing, since there are so many contracts involved.

I found that I enjoyed the first day more than I thought, and decide to head back to the house for some lunch.

When I get there, I see that Scott, Todd, David, and Jason are hanging out in the living room.
"How was your first day?" Scott exclaimed as I entered the room.

"It was so much fun. We learned about bilateral and unilateral contracts," I explain, but I can tell none of them had an idea of what I was talking about.

Nor did they care.

Can't really say I blame them. 

~~

I wrote this on a plane so sorry if there's typos