Chapter One

A lot of people hated Rory. If so, you guys probably won't like Grace. This books will be violent and probably a little triggering. If that is not for you then you probably won't want to continue.

If you guys have any other questions feel free to pm me. I try to answer everyone.

I will try to update this story twice a week.

Without further ado:
************************

💋Grace Harlow💋

My mom died when I was six. She was beautiful and nice with the biggest heart I'd ever seen. I loved her more than anything in the world.

When she died I cried for months.

It was the hardest thing I'd ever had to go through. I went to numerous counselors and my dad pushed me into after school activities. Still it was a long time before I was even half of myself again.

My dad turned to religion. He felt like god took my mom from him and it was for a reason.

For the next twelve years of my life, he didn't lift a single finger unless the lord told him to.

There were bad times and there were good times. There were really bad times and really good times.

When my dad died, I didn't cry. I went numb.

"It's for four months." My social worker, Amanda said flipping through her cluttered binder. It didn't look very organized and it made me skeptical of everything she told me.

"Exactly. " I said without feeling. I was nonchalant. "I can spend four months here as easily as I could anywhere else."

She shook her head. "This is a home for in between fosters. If you have someone who would take you in, then the courts are going to insist you do that. There's not a lot of funding in group homes you know." She trailed off looking around the group home yard.

It wasn't that bad. There was a swing set for the kids and a picnic table for the teenagers to hang out on. At the moment there was grass raked into piles because Gabriel was supposed to pick it up. He'd been on a date for the past two hours and I was definitely going to have to cover for him.

"Don't I get a say?" I asked, desperation seeping into my voice. This was my worst fear.

"Not entirely, no. If your concerned about your safety then you can petition the court to-"

"What about my feelings. I told you-"

"Yeah I know. But just because you have some kind of friendship drama with the son doesn't mean that the home is unsuitable for you. From what you told me he was a good friend to you. This might help to repair a strong friendship."

I slammed my fist on the table. "I told you, he hates me. I don't want to make him uncomfortable."

She sent me a reassuring smile as she started to pack her things up. "I'm sure he and his father have talked about this. I'll be back tomorrow to pick you up. Do me a favor and stay at the house. I have you marked as a flight risk so-"

"I'm not going to run away." I grumbled.

She widened her smile before raising from the table. "That's the spirit, Grace. I will see you tomorrow."

When she left, I sighed getting up and grabbing a trash bag so I could pick up the grass.

I needed to think.

"Hey Grace, do you need help?"

I turned to smile at Dorian. He was leaning against the patio door, slurping on a caprisun.

"Sure." I said waving him over. It was hot, and I wanted to get this done as soon as possible. "You can hold the bag."

He set his drink down on the table. "It's kind of big, want me to grab Madison?"

I shook my head, not wanting him to bother his sister. "I think we can handle it."

He shrugged grabbing the bag and holding it open as wide as his thirteen year old limbs could. He was lanky and really tall for his age. Out of the six members of the house, Dorian was my favorite.

After scooping the grass up with a peice of cardboard and a rake, I went into the house.

I shared a room with Maddy, so I made sure to be quiet as I packed my things. It wasn't unusual for Maddy to be napping in the middle of the afternon so I made sure not to wake her. Plus, I knew she would make a big deal out of my leaving.

When I left, Maddy would be the only girl in the house. She'd probably enjoy it at first since Mrs. Andrews liked to go shopping and she'd probably dote on her, but after awhile she would hate it.

She'd have to deal with Gabriel- A seventeen year old with the brain of a toddler. He only thought about girls and Marvel movies.

Next there was Dorian- her twin brother who she couldn't stand for the simple fact that they were related.

After Dorian was Liam who was twelve and didn't really talk much. He was the newest member of the house if you didn't include me.

After Liam was Riley and Joey who were both nine. They got along great togther but they ganged up against the rest of the house since they were the youngest.

Thinking about them made me wonder if I would miss them. I had only been at the house for a week but every person n the house had made a lasting impact on me.

"What are you doing?"

I turned my head quickly, focusing on Madison sitting up in her bed. Her hair was messy, flying everywhere and her eyes were red.

"Hey, Maddie. I guess I wasn't being as quiet as I thought."

She turned so that her legs hung off the side of the bed. "You going somewhere?"

I sighed. I guess I was going to have to tell her.

"Remember how I told you I might be leaving" I asked slowly.

Maddie frowned. "They're making you go? I thought you said you didn't want to?"

I had said that. Because I didn't want to go.

"They don't care. The court wants me to go to the family if it's an option. "

Her lip pouted and honestly it kind of broke my heart. It was weird because normally I was a stone cold bitch, but Maddie reminded me so much of myself at her age and I really didn't want to make her sad.

"Well, maybe if you tell this Mr. Vincent how you'll be miserable staying in the same house as his son he'll let you stay. If he cares about you maybe he'll want you to be happy. "

I'd thought about that. I knew that if I pressed the issue with Mr. Vincent he'd let me decide what was best for me. But I didn't want to come off as ungrateful or a brat. Plus it was only four months.

"I'll still come by to see you Maddy. I promise."

She stared at me, a sad expression before jumping out of the bed and running out of the room.

I sighed, going back to packing my bags.