14;

I realised that Hoseok had said something, but Taehyung had spoken over him and I had no idea what the other man had said.

"What?" I asked. 

"Shut up Taehyung." I shot him a look, and Hoseok raised an eyebrow at me. 

It took me a second to realise that it was because Hoseok couldn't see Taehyung, and it probably looked like I was talking to the wall.

"Are you a medium?" Hoseok asked, leaning against his door frame. I shook my head.

"No, I don't think so."

"So why can you see him, and I can't?"

"That's what I want to know." Taehyung said, and I gave him another look before answering Hoseok.

"How would I know? Look, if you're not going to be any help, I'm going back inside..."

"There might be a reason, you know." Hoseok called after me. "Maybe the two of you were supposed to have met before he died."

I slammed the door behind myself. 

I had saved up so long to afford an apartment like this— and even then, it was only because it had been sitting empty for months and that it was cheap enough for me to buy. 

It was right down the street from where I worked, in a central area, and it was so nice. 

If I walked out on my lease, my deposit would be gone and I wouldn't have a place to live.

"You have to move on." I decided, turning to face Taehyung. 

"That's why ghosts are around in movies and books, right? Unfinished business. We just have to figure out what that is, and you can walk into the light."

"You're going to help me?" Taehyung asked, not looking the least bit convinced.

"Of course." I said. "But until then, we have some house rules to go over. If we're going to be living together, we're going to have to get along, right?"