10;

A moment later, I was left standing out in the hall with the man who was apparently invisible to everyone else.

"My name's Taehyung." He said, holding out his hand for me to shake. "I'm a ghost, and I really do haunt your apartment."

Slowly, I reached for his hand, only for it to go right through his. My hand was suddenly freezing cold, like I had dunked it in ice water.

"What the...?"

"Sorry." Taehyung grimaced. "I was hoping that if you could see me and hear me, then... never mind. But I think we have some things to discuss, if we're going to be living together."

"I'm not living with you!" I protested. "I don't even know you!"

Taehyung shrugged. "Look, I was here first, and I'm not going anywhere. So unless you want to move, you're stuck with me."

"We'll see about that." I said, fishing around in my pocket for my phone.

"What are you going to tell the police?" Taehyung asked, raising his eyebrows.

"They can't see me, let alone arrest me." He waved his hand through my face for extra emphasis, and I pulled away quickly— it felt way too weird.

But the ghost had a point.

What would I tell the police?

That there was an invisible man in my home, that could walk through walls? Not likely.

"I don't like this." I said finally.

"Me either, but I don't see many other options." Taehyung crossed his arms, his foot tapping soundlessly, about an inch off the floor.

"You're not real." I said, walking back into the apartment and straight through him.

He gasped as I did, and I resisted the urge to shiver.

"That was very rude." He said, following me to my room.

I wasn't sure if he was referring to walking through him or telling him that he wasn't real, but I suspected both weren't exactly polite.

"Yeah, see if I care, ghost." I huffed, crawling under the covers.

"You're not going to be here when I wake up. You know why? Because you're a consequence of not enough sleep and too much stress, nothing more."

"And you suck at playing chess, just saying." With that being said, I shut my eyes, hoping against hope that when I opened them again, he would be gone.