Chapter 22

"Mavra, what's happening?" Kensho asks through the dreamfast, watching Mavra as a childling pick flowers with Kira and learn how to read and write with Jen.

"Are we firefasting?" Thurma asks, seeing a child Kensho skip and balance on rocks and boulders in the forest.

"I ... think we're dreamfasting!" Mavra exclaims, watching young Thurma chase around the plasmii.

"You mean firefast," Thurma corrects her.

"But ... we're all seeing each of our memories all at once!" Kensho states.

"Thurma, when the mind is unsure, listen to the heart."

"Mother!" Thurma says happily.

"But ... that sounds like what my mother used to say," Mavra states as a memory passes by.

Kira sat her child on her lap while kissing away her tears. "You just ... have to believe in yourself. Remember: When the mind is unclear, listen to the heart."

"But ... that's what my mother said to me, too!" Kensho remarks, a memory passes by their visions of Kolba talking to her son with a calm expression, "... Listen to the heart. Both are parts of the whole."

A memory of Thurma being picked up and playfully spun around by her mother appears before their eyes.

"Awww. Thurma, is that you? But you were just a baby!" Mavra says giddily. 

Suddenly, flashes of other gelfling running about and playing with each other plays through their minds.

"Wait ... who are those other gelflings?" Kensho asks.

A Fireling pops up behind them then another and they all enjoy each other's company. "Firelings?" Thurma questions.

"Who are they?" Mavra asks.

"I don't know. I've never seen any of them before. I think ... this is from before I was born," Thurma states.

"They look different than you. Taller, less ... fiery," Kensho comments.

"Yes. In fact, they could almost be gelfling!" Mavra claims.

"Gelfling, living down here? That doesn't make sense!" Thurma shouts.

Two gelfling, one male and one female are shown running away together and towards Mount Thranir with a large army chasing their tail.

"Hey, that robe ... he wears the robe of the Dousan Clan!" Kensho points out.

"He does seem familiar ..." Thurma says.

"Guys, you don't know who that is? That's--"

"--Chal! You're trapped! Give up!" The leader of the army shouts, drawing his sword.

Chal turns to him in a huff, grasping his lover by the hand. "Go back, Kataal! We only want to be left in peace!"