Chapter Five

The ninja were sitting in the control room, discussing the events that had happened last night and how they can turn Jay back to normal.

"What are we going to do? Jay's now at least three inches tall." Kai asked, crossing his arms across his chest.

"For now we would have to take care of him, until we get the tea." Lloyd suggested.

"Lloyd's right there isn't much we can do  We don't even know what caused this." Nya agreed.

Jay had woken up with a groan. He slowly blinked before squeezing them shut due to the bright light before opening them up again. Where am I? he thought. He looked through the cage to see that he was in their shared bedroom. He slowly pushed himself up, so he was sitting straight up. Suddenly, the floor started shaking. Jay looked up to see that Zane and Kai had entered the room.

"K-kai. Z-Za-Zane." Jay stuttered. Kai and Zane both looked down and smiled softly before sitting down on their knees.

"How do you feel Jay?" Zane asked in concern."M-my ribs a-are s-still sore, b-but e-everything e-el-else feels f-fine." Jay replied, looking down, his arms wrapped around his stomach. His stomach growled loudly, cramping in hunger. Jay let out a whimper from the pain. I'm so hungry he thought."Jay do you want something to eat?" Kai inquired. Jay nodded his head. "Can I have a cracker please?" Jay requested softly.

Zane and Kai both stood up and left the room to fetch Jay his cracker, leaving Jay all alone. He pulled his knees up to his chest. His stomach let out another growl. Where are they? What's taking so long? I'm starving. The floor started shaking again. Finally!! he thought as he crawled to cage door.Kai slowly unlocked the cage. "Here you go Jay." Kai said softly, handing Jay the cracker. Jay took the cracker."Th-thank y-you." Jay thanked them before munching into the cracker."You're welcome." Kai and Zane replied quietly.

"Hey guys." Lloyd greeted them. Jay let a soft whimper as his shoulders went up trying to cover his ears since his hands were full. Zane and Kai both turned around and glared at Lloyd. "Oops sorry." Lloyd apologized, sitting down beside Zane. Zane spoke softly "Lloyd can you get Nya and Cole?" Lloyd nodded, standing right back up and walked out the door to fetch Nya and Cole.

Cole was leaning against the railing of the destiny's bounty, feeling the wind through his hair. He let out a long sigh, thinking about the past events that happened. No matter how hard he tried he couldn't get rid of this terrible feeling in his chest. Why couldn't have been me? Why did it have to happen to Jay? It was all his fault that this had happened. He felt a hand on his shoulder. He turned his head and saw Lloyd. "Jay's awake." Lloyd informed in a gentle tone. Cole nodded following Lloyd into their bedroom. Everyone was there, standing close to the tiny cage that contained Jay at the moment. Cole took a deep breath before walking slowly before sitting on his knees facing the cage. Jay's frightful eyes stared at him. "Hi Jay." Cole spoke as softly as he could. Jay flinched, hugging his knees to his chest. Cole frowned, he didn't mean to scare Jay.

Lloyd let out a sigh before speaking. "What are we going to do?" Everyone looked at each other trying to come up with something."Well me, sensei Wu and Zane were going to go to the tea shop to try to find something that will help Jay." Nya said with Zane nodding in agreement."And me and Kai were going to a village to help them recover after an unexpected serpentine attack." I said."So that only leaves me left." Cole spoke softly, with a frown on his face. Jay was already afraid of him, he didn't want to make him even more afraid of him. He turned around to face Jay. I guess it's just you and me.

Word Count: 671