Chapter Four

It's been hours since the serpentine had left Jay all alone in that tiny cage. He started to observe his surroundings, since he was probably going to be here for a while. The tiny cage was huge to Jay.  He was curled up into a ball in the corner of the cage, shaking in fear. He was terrified, he just wished he hadn't screwed up yesterday during the mission then he would've been at the bounty with his teammates training or playing video games. But he had to screw up causing his team to hate him and want nothing to do with him.  He could feel the tears flow down his cheeks.  His body still ached from when a couple of the serpentine came and decided to shake the cage roughly.

It was 11:58, two minutes before midnight. The green and black ninja were standing in front of the old warehouse, where the letter had told them to meet. The weather was warm with a cold breeze in the air. 

"Where are they, they said to them here at midnight?" asked the green ninja, wondering if the serpentine were going to keep their word.

"Remember the plan?" Cole asked Lloyd. Lloyd nodded his head in response. Kai and Zane had snuck inside the building to search for Jay, because after their past experiences with snakes, they knew that they weren't going to stay true to their word. As the saying goes 'never trust a snake'.

"I ssssee you showed up." Acidicus said, smirking. 

"Where's Jay?" Lloyd pointed out, he eyebrows were lowered and his eyes were squinted. Lloyd wanted to know what they did to Jay.  

"First give ussss the green ninja and you might get your blue ninja." Skales said.

"What do you mean might." Cole growled, glaring at the serpentine generals.

"Attack!" Skales yelled, pointing at two ninja. Lloyd and Cole were fighting the generals.

Kai and Zane were searching the inside of the building, trying to find their friend. But all they found were empty cells.

Kai let out a long sigh, running his hand through his spiky brown hair. He was really worried for Jay, he couldn't imagine what kind of torture the serpentine generals did to him.

"Where could Jay be?" Kai wondered. Jay had to be in this building, he had a feeling that Jay was close but where?

"I sense that Jay isn't far, by my calculations Jay should be in this cell." Zane said casually, approaching the cell. Kai followed behind. There was nothing inside the cell except a table with a small cage on top of it. 

"Where's Jay?" Kai asked curiously.

"He should be here." Zane replied in his usual calm tone, his icy blue eyes scanning the cell. 

Kai slowly approached the table, narrowing his eyes at the cage. His eyes widened as he could hear the sound of someone crying.   He knelt in front of the cage, his mouth dropped  and his eyes widened at what he saw.

"J-Jay is that you?" Kai gaped. Jay was curled up in a ball in the corner of the cage, he had tears streaming down his cheeks and he was clutching his ribs. He was so small, no bigger than 3 inches.  Oh my god what did they do to him? Kai thought.  Kai turned his head to the side to see Zane kneeling down right beside him,  his eyes were widened as well. 

"Oh my." Zane gasped in shock. 

"Hey what are you doing here!" Someone shouted. Kai and Zane turned their heads toward the voice. There were at least five venomari. Suddenly they could hear someone cry out in pain, they both turned their heads to see Jay clutching his ears.  

"Ninjago!" Zane whispered as quietly as he could while he did spinjitzu. Surrounding himself in a white tornado, knocking all of the venomari out.  

"We should get going and find the others." Zane suggested, calmly.  Kai nodded in agreement, grabbing the cage gently and clutching it close to his chest.  Kai looked down at Jay, biting his lips. The serpentine were going to pay for what they did to Jay. Jay looked up at Kai in fear, he didn't know what his teammates were going to do to him, now that he's small. They could easily drop him, squish him or kill him. He gulped loudly, wrapping his arms around himself.  Kai heard this and his gaze immediately softened.

"We're going home and find a cure, okay." Kai explained softly, running towards the exit. When they went outside they saw Cole and Lloyd. The two both looked like they just fought a bunch of snakes. Kai and Zane walked over to where the other two were standing. 

"Why is Kai holding a cage? Where's Jay?' Lloyd asked in confusion, holding his sore arm close to his chest.

"Well uhm.... You see Jay is in the cage." Kai replied.  Cole and Lloyd's eyes both widened at this and quickly went closer to the cage. In the cage Jay was still curled up in a ball in the corner of the cage, staring at the two with petrified eyes.

"Jay." Cole managed to choke out. He couldn't believe this was happening.  Why Jay? Why couldn't it have been me? When he snapped out of his daze he noticed that Jay was now sound asleep curled up on the ground of the cage. Cole smiled softly at the sight. 

"We should probably head to the bounty and explain everything to Sensei Wu and Nya." Cole said to his teammates.

Words: 927