Hound

It was the first time in months that Arya dined with her people. Since Jon's death, she couldn't bear to face Daenerys Targaryen for what she had done. But tonight, Arya was happy. 

She wandered through the halls, following the music and laughter. She walked through the doorway and observed the people. It was just like the night Jon arrived. People were smiling and drinking, until they saw Arya. 

Daenerys cleared her throat. "Lady Arya," she said. "We weren't expecting you." 

Tyrion Lannister smiled at Arya and nodded his head to say hello from afar. Davos did the same. 

"Your grace," was all Arya said before walking to a table and asking a serving girl for a cup of ale. She sat across from Sandor Clegane. 

"Where have you been?" he asked like he didn't care about the answer. 

"Plotting," she said. 

"-and falling in love." 

Arya tilted her head. "You're awful?"

"I'm honest. It's the world that's awful," Sandor took a sip of ale. Arya did too. "You gonna marry him?"

"It's not like me, is it?" She joked. They shared a laugh. 

"He never stopped asking about you. I assumed you were dead until Sansa sent the raven. You should have seen the look on the lad's face," he said. 

"Is that so?" She smiled.

"Aye. Thought he might piss himself. We never imagined we'd see you again, the three of us."

Sandor, Gendry and Jon, Arya thought. "I was stronger than you thought, back then."

"Oh, I know, girl. You were a ruthless wolf. But you've changed."

"I've aged a few years," she offered.

"It's more than that."

Arya looked down. "My life changed the day I left you. I didn't want you dead, I just,"

"I know, girl," he looked around the room at the people. "They call you the dragon raised by wolves."

She smiled into her cup.

"You're story isn't over yet, Arya."

Arya looked at her old friend. "Neither is yours, Sandor."

She finished her cup and left him. 

She walked towards Sansa when her arm was caught and she was pulled into a dark hall.

"Arya," he greeted.

"Gendry," she smiled with her lower lip in between her teeth. 

"You were talking to the Hound," he gestured towards the dining room. 

"Sandor, yes," she corrected. "He's an old friend."

Gendry smirked for her. "I'm so happy to see you here. It must be strange."

"This is my home. These are my halls. It's the people who are strange."

"That will change. We all know it," Gendry said. "Daenerys will fall. Everyone knows it. She can't hold power in the North for much longer."

Arya felt grim. "And what will happen after? Everyone will accept me as their queen?"

"Whether you want the throne or not, it belongs to you. You know these people," he said. 

"How can I know these people when I hardly know myself?"

"I know you," Gendry had his hands on her shoulders. "I know how brave you are."

"I can't be brave forever."

"Yes, but you can be brave now."

She looked at him with doe eyes and stood in the silence.