Go North

Arya pushed her food around her plate, staring blankly at the seat at the head of the table. 

"You'll die if you don't eat," Gendry said, snapping her away from her thoughts.

She pushed her plate back a bit, "I'm just not hungry."

Gendry looked mad but also empathetic. He didn't know what she was feeling, but he tried. He nodded his head and pushed his plate back too. Just as Arya was about to ask why he did that, they heard loud footsteps from the hall. Gendry stood and turned to greet the queen. Arya did not. 

Daenerys made her way around the table to her seat and waited for Gendry to bow before sitting herself. "Thank you for coming," she said. 

"It's my pleasure, your grace," Gendry said. Arya said nothing.

"I was speaking to both of you."

Arya looked at her and then looked back at the wall in front of her. 

"I guess that's as good as it will get, for now," she joked with Gendry. He didn't laugh, just gave Arya's hand a squeeze. She looked at his fingers interlocking with hers and smiled; she even blushed a little. 

The queen didn't eat, she only made an appearance to try and connect with Arya again. Soon after Daenerys left, Gendry and Arya did as well. 

"If you say anything to her, I'm sure she'll stop bothering us," Gendry suggested. 

"I don't have anything to say," Arya turned sat on her bed. "She killed my brother. There's nothing I can do to change that. Sansa's the only family I have left."

She looked up and saw Gendry staring back at her. "Really?" He asked. 

Then she realized what she had said. "No, I'm sorry. I shouldn't have said that," she stood and tried to occupy herself with folding clothes and towels. "I don't know what I'm saying."

"It's fine," he started to turn around. "I'm not your family. Nothing is keeping us together; not blood, anyway. I don't know why I'm still here, to be honest."

Arya walked quickly to the door to stop him. "I didn't mean it," he tried to push past her but she wouldn't let him. "I don't want you to be my family by blood." 

"Then what do you want?" He yelled. 

It made her heart pound and her breaths heavy. She paused and he waited for her answer. "I- I don't know." 

He nodded and pushed past her to the door. As he was leaving, Arya thought about running to him, but that was just so Sansa. 

She laid in her bed that night, thinking. What did she want? Arya knew she didn't want to be queen, even if it was her duty. All she wanted was to go home. She wanted to go North.