Hurt

Arya was wandering the crypts when a whispered found her. Tyrion Lannister was quick on her heels when she turned around. "Lord Tyrion," she addressed him.

"I'm not quite sure what to call you," he joked.

"Arya is fine," she kept walking. "Is there something you need?"

After a few quiet minutes, they heard screaming from the great hall, a mans voice. They ran to see what was happening.

When they reached the doors they saw a man on the floor with a deep cut in his chest. It was Gendry. Arya ran and knelt by him, clutching his hand. "What happened? Who did this?"

Gendry tried to lift his arm and point but was too weak. He clutched Arya's hand. "Someone get a maester!" Arya ordered. Samwell Tarly came rushing in through the doors. 

"Everyone step aside," he said anxiously. Arya didn't move. Sam made to move Gendry to one of the beds that were set up for the women and children during the war. "You too, my princess."

Arya said nothing; just glared at him and he nodded his head. She held Gendry's hand and walked with him and Sam to the nearest bed. Sam took a rag and tried to soak up all the blood. He handed Arya thick bite of leather.

"Put this in his mouth," he said. Arya obeyed.

Sam took a goblet of wine and poured it over Gendry's chest. Gendry howled and a tear came down his face. Arya wiped the wetness away with her free hand, the other was being squeezed by Gendry's.

"It's okay," Arya put her face to Gendry's ear. "You're going to be okay."

He smiled and she kissed his cheek ever so softly as Samwell laced a needle and a string through the cut. Gendry shuddered but Arya stroked his arm to ease him.

When Sam was done, the room began to clear.

Gendry held Arya's hand tighter, "Don't," he whimpered, "Don't leave me."

Arya looked fearful. She kept a stern face. "Who did this to you?"

"I didn't get a proper look at him," Gendry shook his head. "I'm sorry, it happened to fast."

"Don't be sorry," she soothed him. "It's alright."

He heard the door open. "Lord Gendry," a voice said. The man walked closer. A bald man.

"Who are you?" He asked.

"Lord Varys," Arya answered. "What are you doing here?"

"I spoke with your brother, my Lady," he walked closer. "Things aren't looking well for him."

"No," she stood. "I'd assume not."

"The Queen is a determined woman, I'm afraid there isn't much more I can do."

Arya nodded. "Thank you, Varys. I know the consequences are harsh, but I am thankful for your service to me."

"I serve the realm, my lady." He corrected. "I will continue to do what is best for the realm."

"And you think I am more suited to be queen?"

"Not exactly, but I don't think Daenerys is."

Arya nodded again and watched the bald man leave.

After the doors closed, Arya walked back to Gendry. She sat beside him and he lifted himself up. She smiled a sad smile and Gendry did the same.