Xuan Tian Ming nodded, “Un, this prince feels that the two of us wearing red is pretty good. It would just be better to let Gu Shu’s people experience a night that will be hard to forget!”

After he finished speaking, the two exchanged smiles. They understood what was meant by “a night that will be hard to forget.” With the blood of Gu Shu’s people flowing like a river, would it not be this same red color?

In truth, what Xuan Tian Ming had said was not an exaggeration in the slightest. Gu Shu had dispatched 300 thousand troops this time to attack the city. Not to mention the city’s southern gate, but they were even unable to get close to the military camp. With the booming sounds coming from explosions, in the blink of an eye, Gu Shu’s vanguard was blown up and turned into a river of blood and flesh.

Bi Xiu was further back and watched the scene unfold at the front. He could not help but feel his back get soaked in a cold sweat. “What’s going on?” He asked his deputy general, “Da Shun’s generals have not come out yet, so why has heavenly lightning started exploding?”

The deputy general was also dazed, saying in a haze: “That’s right! In the past, the heavenly lightning had been thrown by Da Shun’s people. Why is it this time, without a single person appearing, they have begun exploding? Could it be… that the explosions are coming from below?”

Their guesses were correct. Before Xuan Tian Ming’s wedding had begun, he had already made ample preparations. Xi Fang had set up a formation five li to the South of the camp. Mines were buried under the sand. There was no need for Da Shun to send out any soldiers. As long as Gu Shu’s people dared to get close, the mines would immediately be set off, sending them to heaven without any hesitation.

But Bi Xiu did not understand it! The people of Gu Shu also did not understand it! The soldiers could not even imagine mines being buried underground. As they saw it, that sort of thing was heavenly lightning. As they had been discussing it, it had been heavenly lightning that struck from above! As for Gu Shu, they had now been struck by lightning! It was such that there was no need for Da Shun’s people to make an appearance. As long as Gu Shu’s people approached Jue Ping City, the lightning would immediately strike, turning them into a bloody paste.

Gu Shu’s army became timid and no longer dared to advance. As for Bi Xiu, he felt unreconciled, yelling and screaming from the middle of the army for them to continue charging forward; otherwise, they would be court-martialed.

The soldiers standing at the front were the unluckiest. They could neither charge forward nor remain in place, but Bi Xiu had simply pulled out a bow and begun shooting arrows, taking aim at the backs of those soldiers’ heads. After numerous people fell, the people were completely apathetic. They would die if they advanced, and they would die if they retreated. It would be better to do it a bit more cleanly and be killed by the lightning. They would also be able to experience the might of this heavenly lightning. Thus another group of people charged forward, and it resulted in yet more explosions that took their lives.

Gradually, the minefield had become a mixture of sand and blood. Under the moonlight, it was as though it resembled the red wedding robes that Xuan Tian Ming and Feng Yu Heng wore. It reminded them that today was the wedding of Da Shun’s ninth prince and Imperial Daughter Ji An. With them charging in like this, even the heavens could not accept watching it, as heavenly lightning was used to punish them!

Someone summoned some courage and suggested to Bi Xiu: “General, today is not suitable for attacking. Even the heavens do not agree!”