Treasure

"Here I go" I said waking myself up. My wife Susan left me about a month ago with my two sons. Noah is 2 and Elijah is only 5 months.

I had to go to work at the studio, just to support them and make ends meet. But it's all worth it for those 2 little blessings. Plus I loved making music!

As soon as I heard Elijah crying I shot up and ran to his bedroom. I picked him up and gently cradled him in my arms. "Shh it's okay babe, daddy's here"

Noah came into the room. "What's going on daddy?"

"Oh nothing, Elijah's just hungry. Isn't that right sweet pea?" I said in my baby voice. I gave Noah and Elijah both a good morning kiss and then I took them downstairs for breakfast. I made some scrambled eggs with toast and bacon 🍞🍳🥓.

I ate breakfast with them and then I realized it was almost time for me to go to work. I ran upstairs and took a quick shower. Then I put on my clothes and got the kids dressed too. I dropped them off at Shawn's house, since he works from home he can watch them.

I kissed them goodbye and then I went to work. It was a long hard day at work. It was raining outside from the time I went into work, to now. Plus some of my work got erased accidentally. "STUPID COMPUTER!" I yelled frustrated.

It was nighttime by the time I was done. I was exhausted so I just ordered 2 pizzas so we could have some leftovers for tomorrow. I picked up some ice tea from the store along with some ice cream. I picked up the pizzas and I drove back to the house. 

I put away the food and then I went to go pick up my boys. When Susan left it was like she didn't even care. I thought everything was fine, but then she just left. She didn't just leave me, she left a family!

I kinda just pulled over to the side of the road and cried. I started hitting my knees so hard, that they started bruising. I was angry and sad. I felt guilty for not giving my son's a mother who loved them. I just wanted to fall down and never come back up.

But then I looked at my phone. My home screen had a picture of the two most valuable treasures I could ever have.

My boys.

I put my away and drove to Shawn's house. "Thank you so much for watching them Shawn"

"No problem buddy, they were no trouble" he said. Then he put his hand on my shoulder. "Your doing a great job with them Charlie. I don't know how you do it".

I smiled. "Thanks Shawn, I guess it just takes patience and love".

Shawn smiled. I picked my little babies and hugged them super tight. I suffocated their faces with kisses. "Daddddyyy, I'm a big boy" said Noah.

"I know, I just missed you guys so much! But you know you're still my baby".

Noah leaned his head on my shoulder. We drove home and ate dinner (which was the pizza) and then we had some ice cream and watched some SpongeBob. I loved the time I spent with my boys.

No matter how bad of a day I had, I looked forward to spending time with Noah and Elijah.

Then we all went upstairs and I changed Elijah's diaper and then I changed Noah's pull-up. After that I washed thier faces, brushed Elijah's teeth while Noah was basically trying to eat the toothpaste which ended In a small tantrum. But he calmed down.

Then I put Noah in his bed and Elijah on my lap and read them a bed time story. Then I gave Noah a big kiss on the cheek and I did the same with Elijah. I put him in his crib in his room and he went to sleep.

Then I finally went into my room and did some work. I started writing some song lyrics. I felt like this was something I needed to get off my chest. Even though one person didn't care, I do! Shawn does! Elijah and Noah do!

So that's why I started writing down something that just popped into my head that really spoke to me. It's gonna be a song about my boys.

I was a wreak. I hit my knees till they were bruised, I'd given up. It felt like all that I could do, I walked the line, until the line was just a blur, and love was out of reach and faith was just a word.

I started tearing up knowing that even though the hardest times, Noah and Elijah are mood lifters for me.

"My amen" I thought. That's when I came up with an idea! "I'll call the song amen!" I wrote down the main chorus.

Well I've been searching, I've been praying, I've been hurting, I've been patient, I've been lost and found again, waiting for my amen. Looking at you now I believe, someone up there's looking out for me. And I know how my prayer ends, baby your my amen.

It felt like a big amount of force was just lifted off of me. Everything was coming together. "The way you saved me baby makes me feel like I've been touched by heaven" I sung happily.

I accidentally woke up Noah. "Daddy, why are singing and dancing?" I turned around and giggled. I picked up Noah. "I was just thinking about something very important".

I took Noah back to his room and tucked back into bed. "Sleep tight baby".

I went back to my room and finished the song. I got stumped on the middle part of the song. But then I came up with this:

Your my heart, your my home, your my breath, your my song, amen. Your the sun, your the seas, your the answer, the reason, amen.

Oh every night when I laying down to sleep, I pray to the Lord that your mine to keep.

I choked up a little bit with that chorus cause it was so close to my heart.

I saved it and turned off my laptop. As I layed down on my pillow, I just sung in a very soft voice. Looking at a picture of Noah and Elijah on my nightstand.

"Baby your my amen" and with that I dozed off to sleep.

Once again pretend that this is Charlie☝️

Hope you like this chapter don't forget to comment and vote.

Part 2????

Bye!!!😉