seventeen

*:・゚✧*:・゚✧
MAKE YOU MINE
PUBLIC
  *:・゚✧*:・゚✧
[ chapter seventeen! ]

max gently applied a pink blush to jane's soft cheeks, turning them a rosy pink colour, matching her tinted lips. jane felt both slightly nervous and different as max carefully applied the makeup, as she had never worn it before.

"my work is complete, you look like a model!" max concludes as she stands back to look at jane, confidentially putting her hands on her own hips as she grins widely.

"can i see?" jane asks worriedly as she shuffles around in her dress. max nods in response, bringing over a circular mirror.

"i look so... different." jane points out as she stares into the mirror, taking notice of the pale purple eye shadow and pink blush max had applied.

"sure, but it's a good different!" max reassures as she sits next to jane on the bed, fixing her hair clip carefully as she does so.

"i'm just so nervous- i have never been to a school dance before! and i've never even danced." jane explains as she stands up, beginning to pace up and down her bedroom.

max immediately rolls her eyes, not understanding why jane was so nervous when she had no need to be. "hey- hey! it's going to be great okay? you're worrying way too much." max says reassuringly as jane stops pacing.

jane lets out a sigh as she nods her head in response, attempting to calm herself down. "i just hope i don't end up doing anything stupid you know? that would be so embarrassing-"

"hey- if anyone was to do something stupid it
would be mike! have you seen that boy trying to dance?! he's shit!" max exclaims as she begins to laugh, causing jane to laugh too at the thought of mike dancing with his clumsiness.

"yeah i guess- i just hope it's a good night." jane says with a small smile as she stands up to straighten her dress.

"of course it will be! now are you ready?" max asks as she too stands up and grabs jane's hands.

jane nods, and the two flurry down the stairs in excitement as their dresses flow behind them.

✧・゚: *✧・゚:*

the school gym was buzzing with excitement as the pair entered, students dancing in groups and pairs as they drink from the plastic red party cups. the gym had also been decorated to fit the theme of dance, paper snow flakes and tinsel spread everywhere and a huge sign proudly stuck at the back of the gym saying 'hawkins middle snow ball 86'

jane quickly began to feel out of place, other students giving her judgmental looks as if she wasn't supposed to be there. however when max put an arm over her shoulder she remembered that those other people didn't matter, their thoughts and opinions on her didn't mean anything, because she had friends that cared for her, and in the end that's all she needed.

"looks like we're here before the boys!" max says loudly over the music as she sits down at a table.

"how do the boys manage to take longer than us?" jane asks with a small laugh as she sits next to max.

"it's probably dustin doing his hair or something, he said he's trying something different tonight and he claimed he is going to be a whole new man" max says, air quoting the last part as she rolls her eyes.