two

*:・゚✧*:・゚✧
TONGUE TIED
GROUPLOVE
  *:・゚✧*:・゚✧
[ chapter two! ]

heartbroken. heartbroken was the one word to describe how jane was feeling right now. it was as if mike had taken her heart and stamped on it. her crying continued for hours, she cried until she had no tears left, until her throat was dry and he cheeks with red and tear stained.

friends. the one thing she wanted more than anything else in this world, and the chance of her joining the party was completely ruined by the one person who she longed for the most. this not only caused her pain, but it caused her to completely lose hope.

"hey kid, are you ok? you haven't left your room all night" hopper asks in a concerned tone as he knocks on the door. he was worried about jane. he knew she didn't have many friends, however he didn't know or understand how painful it was for her to deal with.

after a few minutes of silence, hopper decides to check on her again. the knock is once again ignored by the teenage girl, causing hopper to simply straight walk in.

"please leave me alone" jane whimpers, her voice muffled against the bed sheets as she curls up tighter into a ball.

"kid, i just want to help ok?" hopper says sympathetically as he sits down on the bed next to her.

"you can't help" jane says, looking at him straight in the face. hopper feels a lump form in his throat when he sees her. puffy, bloodshot eyes and bright red cheeks. the pain was visible in her face.

he immediately is worried for her, and he wanted to help. he really did. but he didn't know how. so instead he simply pulls her close to him and hugs her tightly. she cries into his chest, letting out all the sadness she had bottled up over time. this hurt hopper deeply, all he wanted was for her to feel happy again.

  *:・゚✧*:・゚✧

jane was dreading the next day of school. she dreaded most days, but this one even more than the others. for once, she didn't want to see mike or the party. she wanted to stay as far away from them as possible.

she silently walked through the corridors with her head facing down, avoiding eye contact with everyone. she wanted to be invisible today, she didn't want to be there at all.

"jane!"

a cheerful voice calls after her from behind and she jumps in surprise. usually, the only word she'd hear is 'freak' so hearing her actual name shocked her.

she turned around to see will, he had a spring in his step as he catches up to her with a bright smile on his face. this made jane feel somewhat better, a warmness could be felt as he comes towards her. being approached by someone that doesn't have the intention of upsetting or hurting her made jane happy.

however will standing there also reminded her of the party. the party she isn't allowed to be in because of one person. mike wheeler. the boy her heart ached for. how can someone make you feel so alive but make you feel so weak?

"hey will" jane mumbles shyly as she places a few text books in her locker quietly and glances at the boy.

"so i was wondering if you wanted to have lunch with me and the party today?" will asks with a hopeful smile on his face. jane felt torn between herself and will. she didn't want to upset will, you could practically see the excitement in his eyes when he asked her to have lunch with them. but she knew that he would be there. the boy that has made her feel nothing but numb for the past 24 hours. she didn't want to have to surround herself with his negativity.