six

*:・゚✧*:・゚✧
CRUSH
CIGARETTES AFTER SEX
  *:・゚✧*:・゚✧
[ chapter six! ]

rain was something jane always found beautiful. whenever it rained outside, jane would run to the nearest window in her small log cabin and simply admire it. she loved the sound of it, and the way it fell so peacefully from the sky.

it rained today, and jane sat by the small window and stared outside into the woods, looking at each small droplet that hit the window as she was completely at peace with the world.

however that silence that she loved so much was quickly ruined by a loud knock from the front door. jane immediately jumped, the sudden noise startling her. she was confused, no one ever came to the cabin. hopper was at work, therefore jane wasn't allowed to open the door. it was one of his many rules. however curiosity got the better of her, and she quickly ran to the window by the door, peering out by the front decking area.

she immediately noticed the tall lanky teenager stood there, shivering as his raven coloured hair stuck to his forehead. jane stood there for a few seconds, debating wether to let mike in from the cold or to follow hoppers rules that were supposedly there to 'protect' her.

but jane could protect herself.

she quickly walked up to the door, unlocking all the locks before finally pulling the door open. mike stares at the girl with his mouth hung open, a confused expression immediately appearing on his face.

"j-jane? i- do you live here?" mike asks, stuttering slightly as he looks blankly at the girl

"yes, come in you look freezing" jane says, pulling the freezing boy from outside into the warm cabin.

"i had no idea you lived here, i didn't mean to intrude or anything-" mike says as he awkwardly stands by the door fiddling with his hands.

"you can come in you know? i don't bite." jane says jokingly as she gestures for the boy to come and sit next to her.

he quickly takes his coat off before coming and sitting down next to her on the small sofa.

"so why were you out in the storm? and why did you come here?" jane asks as she shifts in her seat uncomfortably.

"uh well, i was on my way home from lucas's house- and that's when the storm hit. i had no idea it would be that bad, and well i crashed my bike nearby- and i needed somewhere to go because i knew i wouldn't get home during the storm" mike explains as he looks at the girl.

" you crashed your bike? are you ok now?" jane asks worriedly as she looks him up and down for any noticeable injuries.

"y-yeah i'm fine don't worry" mike says quickly, however jane suddenly notices a small streak of blood near his ankle.

"mike, have you done something to your leg?" jane asks, concern suddenly coming over her. however before he could answer, she grabs his leg and pulls up his trousers to show a huge cut down the side of his leg.

"mike! i thought you said you were ok!" jane asks, panic building up inside of her.

"i am jane- it's fine really" mike mumbles, beginning to pull his trousers down back to  normal.

"really? because that didn't look 'fine' to me" jane says as she stands up from the sofa and quickly walks into the kitchen.

she rummages around through cupboards until she finally finds the first aid box that hopper keeps on the top shelf. she grabs it and quickly makes her way over to mike, who was attempting to come across as strong as possible.

jane began to tend to his wound, gently dabbing the deep cut with a cotton pad. he watches her closely, noticing the way her eyebrows furrowed in concentration as she slowly puts a plaster over it.

"uh- thank you" mike says awkwardly, trying to sit up however the pain from his leg didn't make that easy for him.

"hey, don't move too much, it's going to hurt for a while if you try and move" jane orders, carefully placing a hand on top of his knee.

mike nods, cheeks turning red as he becomes flustered under the girls touch. "o-okay, sorry"

"so uh- do you want to watch some soaps or something?" jane asks, sitting comfortably next to him on the sofa.

"sure" mike says carelessly with a small shrug, trying to ignore the pain coming from his leg.

jane puts on some romantic soap, which she quite clearly enjoyed. sitting forward in her seat, she looked at the characters closely, excitement clear on her face.

personally, mike couldn't stand it. he was more of a fan of sci-fi or horror movies, but he noticed the happiness on janes face as she watched the tv and he didn't want to ruin that for her.

so he sat there silently, pretending to enjoy it for the girl next to him. she radiated joy, her smile lighting up the entire room, as if all the darkness disappeared when she arrives. she was like the sun, brightening up everyone around her.

and mike then thought to himself, how could he ever have thought badly of jane hopper?

"what is going on here?"

the sudden cold voice startled jane and mike, causing them to both jump.

hopper was standing in front of them, hands on hips as he glares straight at mike.

"d-dad-" jane says quickly, however she is quickly cut off by the angry man stood in front. of them

"jane, why are you in the cabin alone with a boy?" hopper growls, crossing his arms angrily as he continues to stare at mike with dagger-like eyes.

"m-mike is just my friend-" jane says defensively, looking at hopper with pleading eyes.

"mike. leave." hopper says angrily, now beginning to glare at jane.

mike immediately stands up, feeling guilt building up inside of him as he notices jane looking at hopper with tear filled eyes.

mike almost stopped to say something to help jane in her defense, however no words came out when he came face to face with the fully grown cop stood in front of him. so instead, he quickly grabbed his bag and left to room in a matter of seconds.