eleven

*:・゚✧*:・゚✧
SILHOUETTE
AQUILO
  *:・゚✧*:・゚✧
[ chapter eleven! ]

jane and hopper were sat across from each other on the dinner table, enjoying a triple eggo extravaganza as the sun rose. both were sleepy as they lazily cut into the tower of eggos, whipped cream and chocolate chips.

"how was the cinema with max?" hopper asks for quietly as he rubs his eyes in attempt to waken himself up more.

jane had lied to hopper, and the guilt was killing her. she had told him she was only going to the cinema with max. and no one else.

however she had to, because she knew for a fact that hopper would not have let her leave the house if mike was going to be there.

"yeah it was fun" jane replies with a shrug, desperately wanting to change the conversation.

to jane's luck, the phone suddenly started to ring, causing hopper to jump out of his seat and quickly stride towards the phone.

"hello?"

hopper stands there silently for a few seconds before a frown came over his face. he rolled his eyes and pulled the phone away from himself, turning towards jane.

"it's mike" he mumbles through gritted teeth as he glares down at the phone as if it was mike himself.

jane nervously jogs up to hopper, quickly grabbing the phone and pulling it into her room.

"mike?"

"jane- hey!"

"this isn't the best time to talk okay- hopper still doesn't really want me to be speaking to
you" jane explains worriedly, biting down on her nails as she waits for a response.

"y-yeah i know. but uh- jennifer hayes is throwing a house party tonight! and we've all been invited weirdly- since uh we usually don't get invited to anything-"

"mike. i can't"

"one night jane! one night! your dad can't be that strict, try to convince him!"

jane let's out a long sigh as she rubs her forehead in frustration, lying down on her bed.

"i'll ask okay? but i'm pretty sure he's going to say no, so don't go getting excited"

"g-great! call me back once you've found out wether you can go!"

"i will do" jane mumbles as she hangs up the call, running a hand through her messy brown locks.

she stands up from her bed and begins to head towards the kitchen where hopper was eating his breakfast, and she already the knew the answer to her own question.

he was going to say no.

why would he allow her to go to a house party? that's probably his worst nightmare, especially when boys are going.

"hey- dad?" jane begins awkwardly as she sits across from him on the table.

"yeah?" he responds as he tiredly drinks his coffee.