three

*:・゚✧*:・゚✧
ONLY
RY X
  *:・゚✧*:・゚✧
[ chapter three! ]

jane felt the need to distract herself. she needed to take her mind off all the pain and stress she was facing at that moment in time. she decided to go to the arcade, not because she liked games or because she was good at them like max, but because she had no where else to go. it's not as if she could visit a friends house. sure, she could go home, but he countless hours she would spend alone while hopper was at work became tiresome.

the arcade fascinated her. it was as if she was entering another world when she walked through those doors. the millions of bright colors, the quiet music coming from the game machines and kids swearing loudly when losing. she loved everything about the place, despite the fact she wasn't the best at the actual games, she still continued to enjoy herself.

today she had one worry when entering the arcade, the party. usually this would be the reason she went to the arcade, to try and see them and talk to them. she knew they came here often, especially max. however today she did nothing but hope they wouldn't turn up.

she slowly walked through the endless rows of games, gripping the coins in her hand as she contemplated on which game to play. finally, she turns to the dig dug game, the only one she was somewhat decent at. no where near as good as max, she was at the top of the leaderboard with dustin closely followed behind. she inserted the coins slowly, letting a small sigh escape her lips as the only thing she felt at that moment was boredom. she felt alone.

"jane?"

jane practically jumped out her skin at the low mumble from behind her. she quickly turns around only to gasp at the sight in front of her.

mike wheeler, stood in front of her with his hands in his pockets as he looks at her awkwardly.

she immediately feels her heart sink. the boy had brought her so much pain, and he has said unforgivable things to her. she sighs before ignoring him and walking past him.

however he quickly catches up and cuts in front of her, stopping her from running away. "jane, i need to talk to you" mike says demandingly, looking at her with pleading eyes as the girl glares at him.

jane sighs in defeat, realizing the boy won't give up. "fine" she mumbles quietly, continuing to glare at the boy who she felt so angry towards.

the two make their way into a small room in the back of the arcade that came across as being seemingly empty. two empty chairs that were placed across from each other in the middle of the room, and the pair sat down on them.

"what do you want?" jane asks tiredly, feeling more and more anger building up inside of her by the second.

"listen- i- feel sort of bad for what i said to you" mike admits quietly, avoiding her eye contact completely.

jane felt somewhat happy for a split second, before her emotions quickly returned to the state they were in before.

"i don't believe you" jane mumbles as she crosses her arms and stares the boy down with dagger-like eyes.

mike immediately rolls his eyes to jane's cold response. "can't you just move on? i'm surprised i'm even here trying to be civil with you right now" mike says rudely as he glares at the girl.