Chapter 11 - Trying to forget.

Start from the beginning

Maybe a part of me wants him to be mine. But that part will never conquer. I will always have Alexandre's image infront of me to remind me of why I should never fall in love.

Because I will eventually get hurt.

•••••••••••••••

"So... Where are you taking me?" I inquired casually trying to keep up with Max's pace. He was almost jogging. "Can you slow down?" I inquired for the third time today.

"No! Now hurry up!" he announced casually walking even faster.

I groaned in exasperation and technically ran besides him. He turned to me flashing me his famous smile before looking back ahead.

I wonder what he's up to.

"We're here!" he yelled in triumph dragging me by the elbow to a long queue of people. We took our turn behind a couple who were holding hands. I looked at them and I felt miserable. Why couldn't that be me?

"Anna! Are you okay?" Max asked worriedly.

I broke my gaze from the couple to look at him.

His eyebrows were knitted together and he had this frown on his face revealing how worried he actually was.

I smiled at him "I'm fine! Now where are we?" I inquired looking around.

Suddenly, my eyes landed on something I have always wanted to see. Something I have only read about, either in magazines or books.

"The London Eye!" I squealed happily jumping up and down. Okay, maybe I was too excited. Yes, I do have "The Eiffel Tour" but seeing "The London Eye" was a first for me.

Max smiled in victory "I thought you'd like to see that!". Once more I squealed agaim before giving him a huge hug.

It felt like... Home. It felt like I belonged there, between his strong arms surrounding me protectively. My head resting on his chest listening to his heartbeats. My arms around his waist pulling him closer to me.

We eventually had to pull back and I instantly missed his embrace.

*No Anna, you're not falling in love!*

The wise part of me reminded me.

Of course, I was not falling in love. Especially for my best friend's brother.

It was eventually our turn , we stepped inside , Max holding me by my waist bringing me closer to him and me resting my head on his shoulder.

That was heaven.

•••••••••••••••

"Oh My God Max! That was perfect! Thank you! Thank you! Thank You!" I thanked him for the fifth time after leaving "The London Eye". We were walking hand in hand trying to find any restaurant as we were both starving.

Okay, you might think that this is weird but every girl has the right to hold her best friend's brother's hand. Right? Right? Right?

The blonde chuckled "You're welcome Anna! Now please stop thanking me!"

I blushed making his smirk to appear again. He squeezed my hand and I looked up at him again, our eyes meeting properly for the first time tonight. I was lost in his beautiful captivating eyes.

"so.. Erm..." I broke our gaze looking around and trying to come up with something smart to say. He must have felt I was feeling a bit uncomfortable because he let go of my hand shoving it inside his pockets.

*No! No! Don't let go of me* the reckless part inside of me yelled.

"Hey! Here's a restaurant!" I announced happily glad I was the one who broke the awkward silence that was threatening to sufficate us both.