NINETEEN : THE CALM

Börja om från början

"Wow Kayla that was beautiful" Kate exclaimed, "Please, share more often"

"Thanks" Kayla smiled bashfully.

Heading back over to her seat, she hung her head in a coyly manner in order to avoid the stare of everyone including Micah's. She was relieved when he didn't say anything at all, however she also began to wonder if it was because he thought it was quite creepy.

    "Hey, Kayla wait up" Micah called out after the workshop was over.

Although the two were supposed to be walking to the bus stop together, Kayla dashed out of the doors the moment the clock struck four.

"Dang girl, the bus doesn't come for twenty minutes"

"Sorry" she laughed awkwardly, "I was ~"

"Running from me?" He spiked his brow.

"I wasn't running"

"Okay, walking fast. Don't you want to talk about your poem?"

  "Not exactly" she said looking down at her feet.

"Why? I mean clearly you really like this guy" Micah smiled tauntingly.

Kayla shrugged, "You could say that"

"I could? Okay. Well I, I mean he probably likes you a lot too"

Kayla smirked, but didn't respond as she turned away to finish her walk to the bus stop. Micah's feet fell in line with hers, and as he did on the regular he placed his arms around her shoulders.

"So, who did you write about?" She asked.

"Someone important" Micah answered, not giving much clue to who, "Probably not as good as yours though"

"I'm sure it is...and just to be sure you didn't think mine was creepy?"

"No, I told you. It was nice, and that guy is lucky"  

"That guy is you Micah" Kayla muttered.

"I know...I just wanted to hear you say it" Micah shrugged with a smile.

Kayla playfully punched him in the arm, and with his bottom lip poked out he rubbed the sore spot.

"I guess you have a hard time picking up sarcasm" He snickered.

"Sorry, I just didn't want to assume. I don't exactly know what we are..."

Kayla played with the tips of her hair nervously, and Micah knew now would be the right time to make a certain move he had been wanting to.

"How about...my girlfriend?"

Micah scratched the back of his head nervously as Kayla gave him no response, telling him she was in deep thought - a reaction he picked up on as she did it a lot.

"I mean if you don't ~"

"Yes" Kayla finally blurted out.

Micah's smile emerged, "For real? Like no games, K. I know I play too much, and I have anger issues but I'm working on that and ~"

Shutting him up, Kayla pushed her lips against his. Micah was glad she did that, since his nerves were actually starting to get the best of him. He didn't know what it was about Kayla that made him feel weird inside, like his chest was on fire and his stomach was in knots; But it was oddly a feeling he liked, as he couldn't find it anywhere else.

With her arms secured around his neck, Micah held her close - their lips intertwined with each others, the staccato of their heart beats falling together.