Shivaay always loved Annika for what she is, the confident, practically thoughtful and emotionally strong girl. She is courageous as well as courteous girl, her will power lies with her self respect, he loves her for that too. If that is her strength then it's her weakness too. She can't stand any kind of kindness, help without reason. She likes to do eveything all by herself, and she gets really touchy, when it comes to her self respect. Shivaay, particularly now, fearing that emotions to be touched. Annika may misunderstand him, but her smile told a different story, he is getting more confuse right now. Annika cleared she isn't effected, then why he is paranoid.

"Then what do you mean? Is it a no or .....? Annika, understand this thing, I don't... I can't remain in constant vulnerability of not Knowing, you know me I have to know eveything in advance, please let me know your answer okay, even if it's a negative, you have to tell me, i am sorry to demand like this but you have to.... please." Shivaay's stress was reaching it's peak. Only thing which is going smooth, they were making a conversation. Annika was speechless, what will she say now? Sh3 Don't have any answer.

"Um...I don't know, I really don't know, Shivaay, please listen to me carefully, and if you don't understand let me know that too, but don't get away from me, don't hate me okay. I can't loose you, never ever, I want you to be always by my side. Your proposal guarantees that you'll be always there for me. I am happy. I also know, I will be happy with you but...I don't want you to suffer, I don't want you take decision which can harm you later, if being with you is important then your happiness is more important too. May be more then anything, your happiness is my priority. If you're taking...." She was cut short by Shivaay's denial.

"No. No.its not about what I or you want, it's about us Annika. We can't stay live without thinking about eachother, we are bonded with our friendships, believe me it's for good .." but Annika was quick to respond.

"Shivaay....I will always be happy with you, either as a friend or life partner, I don't know about love, because I never been in one, I don't want you to regret things later, or worst forgoing your happiness, I just want you to be happy." A teardrop fell on her cheeks. Shivaay was quick to rub it off. He cupped her face and closing the distance between them. He asked.

"Annika look at me and answer, You believe that you'll be happy with me?" Annika could only say yes, to that because it's true.

"Do you believe me? Do you believe that whatever I decide is for our betterment?" Shivaay asked without removing his eyes from hers, she nodded in affirmative again.

"And do you believe, our friendship is unbreakable even after this alliance?" She says and Shivaay takes a deep breath.

"If time comes where this doesn't work, we'll make sure, forgoing eveything, we'll safe guard our friendship. We will remain best friend even the situation gets worst! Do you promise me that? He asked determined to  make it work. Annika, paused and closed her eyes to decide. When she opened her eyes, he knew she has decided, ready to take up eveything. Even if he didn't expressed his love, Shivaay knew nothing can part them, he knew whatever happens, he will have her by his side to untangle things. And may be it's not a proper proposal, but this is how it is to be meant. Shivaay and Annika together for happiness of other, with hope that someday they'll feel, love which everyone talks about.

Shivaay hugged her close to his heart, Annika's tears suddenly vanished, peace, she felt in his arms, like she always felt. Those arms are her home , she is back to her abode.
And, sun returned to his kingdom, spreading love of soothing moon, which is a constant companion of dark, changing with passing time but always there together. Moon and darkness; Annika and Shivaay. May be now equations will change, but they will be together and forever.