night falls

In Cori's castle, the VKs roamed through and called out for Cori or Ben. Anthony had separated from the group and searched in rooms to look for Cori, Araina, and Orion.

"Cori!" Mal yelled hoping to get an answer back, but nothing. Dude ran along down the hall as he sniffed out Cori. "Cori could be asleep anywhere."

"Or turned to stone." Celia added. Mal looked at her as Evie covered Celia's mouth. Mal was now twice as worried.

"Cori!" Mal called again.

"I got a scent. Very fruity perfume. Easy to track. Follow me, people." Dude said, walking in front

"That's great, Dude."

"FYI, I give great cuddles, too." Dude added. Gil lit up.

"Really? I never had a pet growing up. Well, except for the elk head in Dad's man cave but that wasn't..." Gil was cut off by Uma who pointed out claw marks on the wall. A map was sliced in two and the bottom half laid on the floor.

"Hold up. What's this?" Uma asked. Carlos got closer to it to examine it more before turning around to look at Mal.

"Uh... Any chance this was already there?" Carlos asked her. Mal let out a huff. Where is Cori? At the same time, Anthony rounded around the corner and met up with the others. His eyes were just a bit puffy and he wiped his nose. Mal rushed over.

"Anthony, did you find anything?" Mal asked. Anthony nodded.

"Yeah, yeah, I did. Araina, she... she's been put to sleep in one the guest rooms. There is one sign of Orion or Cori. I also found claw marks on the wall--just like those." Anthony pointed towards the wall. They all saw how upset he is. His poor, pregnant girlfriend is in a sleeping curse and his favorite cousin is missing. That weighed heavy on his heart.

Etta walked over and wrapped her arms around the poor guy. Anthony let it happen and wiped his eyes. Evie placed a hand on his shoulder.

"Everything is going to be alright in the end." Evie said softly. Anthony nodded at her.

They all continued to follow Dude down the halls. They made it to heavy doors and pushed them open. Inside there were suits of armor and shields.

"Stay here, okay?" Evie told Etta and Celia. The girls crossed their arms but followed instructions. Harry admired the swords and Jay glared at him in hatred. Gil petted Dude and smiled.

"So you can track, cuddle, and talk." Gil said, before looking at Carlos. "Hey, do you think his puppies would be able to talk, too?"

"All right, man. He's taken." Carlos told Gil. "You want a dog, adopt a rescue."

" 'Talking puppies'. That's crazy." Dude laughed. Etta took Gil's place and petted Dude. Mal, Evie, and Uma walked deep into the room.

"I bet you lost some sleep thinking about me on the loose?" Uma asked Mal with a smirk.

"No. Dragons don't really lose sleep." Mal said, before stopping and putting a hand on her chin in wonder. "I wonder what fried octopus tastes like." Mal smirked this time.

"Okay. Why do we not do this?" Evie said, trying to prevent another fight.

"We're celebrating our differences." Uma reminded. None of them, but Harry, noticed the suit of armor in front of them as pink smoke came out of it and it moved a little.