audrey

Mal ran as fast as she could to catch up with Uma and Harry. Lucky, they weren't turned to stone.

"Uma!" She called out to her. Uma did turn her head back but decided to ignore her again and continue walking.

"Uma. Stop, please! Stop! I need your help!" Mal pleads once she was directed in front of her and Harry. When Uma tries to go around her, Mal again gets in her way. "We have a chance if we do this together."

"Your friends kick you to the curb? Good." Uma shrugs.

"Ben saw something in you, and today, Uma, I saw it, too. You care, Uma, you care about everybody, and Auradon is worth saving. Help us... please."

"You talk pretty, but... she's already made up her mind." Harry snaps. Mal looks at them with pleading eyes. Uma looks at her, unwilling to break unwilling to help those who wouldn't help back if the roles were reversed.

"You brought this on yourself, Mal. You figure out how to fix it. Let's go." Uma pulls Harry with her to walk around Mal again.

"Uma, please. It's not just Auradon. Listen... yes, it was my idea to close the barrier for good... but Cori, she didn't want to do it. And right now, she needs our help. You remember Cori, right? I know that in the short conversation you both had that you know how amazing she is. She would have fought tooth and nail to keep the barrier from closing forever! Because she's amazing like that and right now she is trapped somewhere with Audrey watching her. Please, please! Help me!"

While Mal's pleads ran on deaf ears of Harry, Uma was hesitant. Before she could answer, the shouting of one Celia Facilier was in the air.

"Help me, Mal!"

"Yeah! Save your little friend, Mal!" The voice of Audrey screamed from the roof of the castle. Lightning strikes and Mal, feeling now only anger towards Audrey, started to shift into her dragon form.

"Help me, Mal!"  Dragon Mal flew to the air and circled around. She shot fire at Audrey, but was deflected. Audrey grabbed Celia and held her in front of her like a shield.

"Careful not to fry your little VK buddy." Audrey mocks at Mal. Mal tried igniting the ember with her flames, but nothing was helping.

•~•~•~

"She doesn't stand a chance without the ember." Uma tells Harry, before pulling him to catch up with Mal.

She's made up her mind. For Celia, for Mal, for Auradon, for Cori, Uma will help.

•~•~•~

"Hold still, you little brat!" Audrey barks at Celia, but the younger managed to get free of Audrey and put as much distance from her as she could.

"We're stronger together. Stronger together, I'm right here, Mal!" Uma's shouting was heard.
"Regain your might and ignite."

Uma chanted repeatedly, spelling the ember back to life.

"Want a piece of this? Huh?!" Audrey pointing the scepter at Celia, threatening to shot at her.

"No! No!" The loud sound of the wind and flapping drew Audrey's attention and pointed the scepter at Mal with a laugh.

Audrey shoots at Mal at the same time as Mal shoots at Audrey. Celia, Uma, and Harry shout encouragements at Mal, which seemed to be working.

Audrey screams in refusal to lose. She was tired of losing it all to Mal. She smirked to herself and glares at Mal. "You'll never beat me, Mal. Once I'm through with you, Cori and the crown will be mine! You'll see! Only I can wake her up!"

The words of Audrey only seemed to have gave Mal more motivation. The ember sparks brighter from Mal's emotions. Audrey loses concentration, giving Mal the upper hand. The power of the ember finally comes in contact with Audrey and knocks her down and out.

Mal flies down and transforms back. Celia runs to her and hugs her tightly. They both look at the unconscious Audrey, crown and scepter at her side. Mal creeps over carefully in case Audrey might be faking, but nothing happened. She kneels down to shake Audrey gently, but she made no movement. Mal checked her breathing, but it felt shallow as if she was asleep.

That's when Mal finally realized.

Audrey was in a sleeping curse.

Sorry for the short chapter.