happy birthday

The V.K.'s rode off to the edge of the cliff where they were able to see the Isle. Old lady Mal removed her goggles and stared off to the Isle. Sitting behind Anthony on his bike, Etta grow nervous with every second.

"Noble steed, proud and fair, you shall take us anywhere." Mal casts a spell on the bikes. She put her goggles back on and rode off. The other followed as they glided on water.

"Carlos, you're gonna miss Jane's birthday." Dude yelled from the top of the rock.

*~*~*~*~*

At Jane's birthday party at the Enchanted Lake, Jane waited for Carlos to arrive. Chad appeared with his water toy and bent down to Jane's ear.

"Looks like Carlos forgot about your birthday, huh?" Chad said, making Jane even more nervous than she already was.

"Well, maybe not, maybe he just took the wrong trail or something." Jane defended her boyfriend. "Or you know what? They probably don't celebrate birthdays on the Isle, maybe it's like a cultural thing."

"Oh, yeah. Or maybe he just forgot. You never know." Chad mocked and walked off. Jane glared before calling out to him..

"Hey, Chad, look! There's people taking selfies." Jane pointed to the group. Chad handed over his spray and sprinted off to the group.

"Selfies! Guys, wait, wait, wait, wait, wait. Wait for me! Wait for me!" Chad called. Jane giggled happily.

At the top of the rocks where more people were and the snacks were, Audrey walked in to show off herself.

"Why is she here?" Some whispered, but Audrey ignored them. She stopped a guest.

"Did anybody save me any guacamole? No?" Audrey asked rhetorically.  "It's like someone forgot to invite me. Well, don't be expecting Mal, she's..." Audrey tossed the cupcake she took over her shoulder. "... not feeling herself." Audrey saw the scared looks on their faces and decided to taunt them more and more. "Does that make you sad? Does it just ruin everything? Mindless little drones!" Audrey called everyone. "How could you forget what she did to us? How could you forget that I was supposed to be your Queen?"

Audrey yelled. Suddenly Chad ran out and stood in front of Audrey. "Time out, okay, okay. Time out." Chad held his hand out. "First off, great new look. I absolutely love feathers. But, hey, before you do whatever you're gonna do, I was wondering if maybe you wanted a... loyal boyfriend by your side?" Nothing. Audrey didn't respond to him. She wondered if he was brave for stepping up, or just plain stupid. "Partner in crime? Sidekick? Or maybe just a lackey to do your bidding, um, change tires. Or smoothie runs? Please?" Chad crossed his fingers.

"You can be useful." Audrey said in boredom.

"Yeah?" Chad asked.

"Fine. Stand behind me." Chad immediately did as he was told and stood behind Audrey. He grinned, knowing he was safe. Audrey smirked at everyone.

"Auradon likes to forget so much. They'll love this." Audrey taunted. She hit the scepter on the ground.

♫Happy Birthday to you♫

Audrey released the sleeping curse during the party.  Everyone, except for Audrey and Chad, yawned and fell onto the floor.

♫Happy Birthday to you♫
♫Happy Birthday to Jane♫

Audrey looked at the bottom of the cliff to see more and more guest being put to sleep. Jane looked around and quickly hid behind the vine-covered pillar.

♫Happy Birthday to you♫

Jane looked from Audrey to the lake. An idea hit her, remembering that the water was enchanted. "The Enchanted Lake."

"Audrey." Chad said, a bit scared of his ex. Jane swam far from the sleeping curse but it got closer and closer.

"Sweet dreams." Audrey taunted with a smirk. She saw everyone put in the curse and was satisfied. Jane took in a deep breath and went under the water. While under, Audrey hit the scepter again and she and Chad disappeared. Jane, not able to hold her breath for much longer, surfaced and saw the damage that was done. The sleeping curse cleared and Audrey was gone.

*~*~*~*~*

Back in Cori's castle, she and Ben got ready to leave for the party. Cori's phone suddenly rang and she handed the present over to Ben to answer the phone. The caller ID was from Jane and she answered. "Hey, Jane. Ben and I are on our way to the party. My meetings ran long and I asked Ben to pick me up."

"No, no. Stay where you are, Cori." Cori heard Jane said in a panic. Cori stopped and looked at Ben before putting the phone on speaker. "Audrey's got the scepter and everyone's asleep. I'm gonna call Mom and tell her to get her wand."

Cori and Ben looked at each other in worry.

"Is Mal with you?" Cori asked Jane. No answer was heard. "Jane? Jane?" Cori finally saw that the call ended. The door was busted open and Orion entered with a group of knights behind him.

"What is this?" Cori asked. Orion approached her and took Cori by the arm, leading her out.

"This is for your own safety. Mal and Anthony asked me to keep you here and safe from Audrey. We just sent out to get Araina and bring her here." Orion explained. Cori finally noticed that he was suited up as a knight. She was lead down the hall and into her room.

"Orion, where is Mal and the others? Are they safe?" Cori asked him.

"From what I heard last, they went to the Isle to get something. They'll be back soon." Orion informed.

"What about the kids? Where are they?" Cori asked about the five children.

"Celia and Etta went with them and Dizzy, Squeaky and Squirmy are at Evie's castle." Orion said.

"You have to send someone out for them. Have them brought here immediately." Cori told him, but Orion shook his head to disagree.

"It's too dangerous now. The castle is far and we can't have knight be sent out." Orion suddenly pulled out a book and flipped through pages. "Page 327, Line 43: Under no circumstances is a knight of the Queensguard allowed to abandon their post." Orion showed Cori the page. Cori shook her head and grabbed the book, tossed it over her shoulder.

"Well lucky for me, you aren't in the Queensguard yet." Cori said. "Please. If you can't being them here, then go protect them there. Watch over them." Cori begged.

"What about you?" Orion asked. Cori pointed at the guards at the door.

"I'll be fine. Please go. That is an order from your queen." Cori said. Orion smirked and gave her a bow.

"Your Queenly-ness."Orion said, before rushing out. Cori sighed and went to change her clothes, knowing something might happen.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Sorry for errors.