Chapter 66: Heading Out

(Melissa's POV)

We just went outside the apartment. We now had to go downstairs and head to the store to get the ingredients for the soup. The demons were gonna take the elevator and me, Kawaii~Chan and Dottie we're gonna take the stairs. I look back to see the demons in front of the elevator.

"Ugh, not this box again." Asch said.

"It's fine. All we have to do is remember that it's going to take a long time before we can—" Rhys says but is cut off by someone.

"Oh, it's you guys." Said a familiar voice.

It was Jake. The blonde haired boy from the other day.

"Can you guys not clutter up the hallway?" Jake asked.

Kawaii~Chan looks at me.

"Uhh... should we do something?" She asked me.

"Ehh... I'd rather see how this plays out." Dottie said.

I sighed.

"Well, do you guys wanna head downstairs while they figure out the elevator?" I asked them.

"Yes." Said both Dottie and Kawaii~Chan.

I open the door to the stairs and I started walking down the stairs.

I realized something.

"CRAP! I forgot my phone!" I exclaimed.

"Oh no..." Kawaii~Chan said worryingly.

I put my hand on her shoulder for comfort.

"I'll be right back okay? Meet me outside the apartment building." I tell them.

"Okay." Dottie said.

I walked back up the stairs and I open the door. I noticed that the demons are gone. I walk back into the apartment and I spot my phone on the kitchen counter. Aphmau walks up to me.

"Melissa?" She asked.

"Oh, hey Aph." I said to her.

"You forgot your phone?" She said questioning me.

"Yeah." I replied.

Aphmau walks up to me and gives me a walkie-talkie.

I look at her concerned.

"Just incase you need to call me if something is going on." Aphmau told me.

"Thanks." I replied.

I put the walkie-talkie in my left pocket of my jacket while I put my phone in the right pocket.

I walk towards the apartment door but then I hesitate and I look back at Aphmau.

"Oh and make sure Noi doesn't cause any havoc." I said to her.

"I will." Aphmau replied.

I smiled. I walk out the door and walk down the stairs.

I exit the building and I spot Dottie and Kawaii~Chan waiting for me.

"Hey!" I said.

Dottie and Kawaii~Chan turn around.

"Hello." They both said at the same time.

Dottie notices my walkie-talkie.

"Did Aphmau give you that?" She asked me.

"Yeah. Just incase I need to call her if something goes wrong." I replied.

Dottie realizes something.

"Oh yeah... our phones are still at Lucinda's place." Dottie said.

"Well yeah... but let's just hope that Aaron never finds out about this." Kawaii~Chan said.

"True." I added.

"Yeah. But we gotta partner up. Dottie, I want you to be with Rhys and I'm gonna be with Pierce. And Kawaii~Chan, try not to let Asch and Leif kill anyone else." I told them.

"What?! You're leaving me with the flame demon and the former assassin?!" Kawaii~Chan exclaimed.

"Well, Noi and Aphmau aren't gonna be with us so... yeah." I said.

Kawaii~Chan whined for 2 seconds.

The demons exit the apartment door.

"Thank you for your help!" Rhys yelled.

"Yeah, you're welcome." Jake said.

I'm assuming the demons must've yelled at Jake to get downstairs. Jake walked away.

"Well heh... that time was far shorter than the last." Rhys said.

"We just need to yell at everything and things will go faster." Asch added.

We heard Noi screaming from upstairs.

My eyes widened. I grab my walkie-talkie and I turn it on.

"Aphmau! What's going on up there?" I asked on the walkie-talkie.

I wait for Aphmau to respond.

"Noi thinks the hairdryer is a monster so he ran out of the bathroom and into the other bathroom with Ava." Aphmau said on the walkie-talkie.

"Oh okay. Explain to him what a hairdryer is." I said.

"Okay. See ya." Aphmau said.

"See ya." I replied.

We ended our talk on the walkie-talkie.

"Looks like Noi is one step ahead of us." Leif said.

"Do you think he's okay?" Pierce asked.

"He's with Mrs. Oates. He's fine." Dottie told him.

"Yes. Now, let's get going." Rhys said.

"This will be our first outing without princess Ava and queen Aphmau." Leif said.

"Let's be on our guard." Asch said.

The demons start to walk away and me, Dottie, and Kawaii~Chan follow them. I hear my phone ringing and I hesitate for a second and stop. I pull my phone out of the right pocketing my jacket to see who's calling me. It's Aaron! The demons noticed I stopped walking and they turn around to look at me. Dottie and Kawaii~Chan do the same.

"Coming Lu'pine Melissa?" Pierce asked.

"I am. I just have to take this call." I said.

I walk to the other side of the building and I stop just inches away from the door. I didn't want the demons to interfere cause Aaron's FaceTiming me. I pick up the phone and wait for Aaron to respond.