Chapter 21 - The Psychic

Start from the beginning

So that was why I came to this pub, hoping to try my luck if I could find him, or he would let me found him. Whatever.

I sat on an empty bar stool, resting my hands on my lap instead and not on the counter. Because I wouldn't know what germs and bacterias were on there, considering this was a public place to get drunk at. Some people might have puked on the bar before I sat here.

"Anything to drink, miss?" The bartender asked when he reached my spot after sending drinks to other customers.

"Just Pepsi Max, thank you"

Sighing, I spun my body to look around. My eyes began to scan the room, trying to identify any guy who might be Draco  Krauss based on my own imagination of how a psychic would most likely look like; homeless person?

"Just Pepsi?"

I heard a voice that was so near, coming from a scruffy guy who looked like he was at his late 30s, sitting next to me.

Turning my body back to face the bar of drinks at front, I ignored him completely, knowing his intention as a typical pub guy who would buy a drink for women and expect them to sleep with him later on.

He probably noticed that I was ignoring him, so he tried again.

"You should try their tequila, it's good even though a little overpriced"

I kept my mouth shut, staring at the bartender who was about to deliver my Pepsi.

This was why I didn't like to hang out at pubs or bars. Getting hit on was really annoying to me since I wasn't that kind of woman. It wasn't like I was a flower and candle light dinner kind of woman either, but I would love to be respected by a proper approach if that would make any sense.

I took a sip of my drink when it was finally served, listening to the guy's voice again.

"Are you always this arrogant, Detective Isaac?"

Now he got my intention when he actually knew who I was, which was not surprising since people would always know me one way or another. My title as the best homicide detective in the whole England came with its price; the people's recognition.

Especially after Chae's mysterious death that had became top news for the media to stir their teas about how slow Metropolitan Police did their investigation on the case, it seemed like my face had been used in every news header.

"Only to some guys who try to talk to me at the bar" I answered him after wetting my throat.

He chuckled.

"It wasn't me who wants to talk to you," He took one shot of tequila shortly after, ordering for another one from the bartender. "It's you who came to look for me"

I put my Pepsi glass back on the counter, eyes looking at his hand that was extended to take mine.

"Draco Krauss"

I went for the handshake as soon as he introduced himself, feeling the nervousness in me that just jumped out.

I found the guy.

"Lisa, Isaac"

"Nice to meet you, Lisa"

My mouth was closed again as if my tongue was tied down. The way he pronounced his name just now woke the small hair on my skin up, which was weird for me to have that kind of effect.

I was a detective who talked and interviewed people as parts of my job. I had talked to criminals who had committed third degree murders, caught the most sadistic serial killer in The UK history, yet I never felt the anxiousness of knowing I was actually talking to Draco Krauss.