"This warmth is enough," Taehyung said.

Jeongguk didn't say anything back. He just stayed quiet and readjusted himself to a more comfortable position against the railing. All that went through his mind was the old memories of Taehyung holding his hand, guiding him through places he defiantly shouldn't be going to due to it either being prohibited or dangerous, but that didn't matter to Jeongguk. All that mattered was that Taehyung was by his side and he felt safe.

Now that he's all grown up, Jeongguk only hoped he could make him feel safe too.

•—•—•

"The village?" Taehyung questioned as he finished up the breakfast he requested to be brought up to his room. Jeongguk had just tagged along.

Jeongguk nodded, scrolling through his wrist call getting all the formalities for a Royal to go out done. Luckily he didn't have to go through Namjoon for this process.

"You enjoyed yourself last time. Let's do it again. But we'll need to put a concealing spell on you. I'm calling up Hoseok to bring a mask that'll do just that."

Taehyung nodded along as Jeongguk spoke. Usually, it'd be Taehyung annoying the younger until he agreed to do something other than training. It was unusual for Jeongguk to plan the outing.

Jeongguk took a quick peak at Taehyung who stared at the wall. He wasn't used to seeing Taehyung so down, not when they were young nor now. The elf had done everything he possibly could for Jeongguk after Namjoon had rejected him, now it was his turn to do the same. He didn't think of it as returning a favour, Jeongguk thought of it as something he needed to do to stop his heart aching every time he looked at the prince.

"Can we get those little puff balls we got last time?" Taehyung asked, his voice small as he picked at his bedsheet.

Jeongguk smiled, holding himself back from cooing. "Yeah, of course."

"And the fire candy thing you're obsessed with?"

Jeongguk's eyes widened. He looked at Taehyung who stared back, confused if he said anything wrong.

"How did you know?" Jeongguk questioned. "I mean, I'm not anymore. But I was when I was young..."

Taehyung blinked. He tried to remind himself where he got that from, or the memory where he'd heard that, but he couldn't. He tilted his head, letting out a despaired groan.

"I don't know, it just came to me."

Jeongguk nodded and tapped his chin. "Memories are resurfacing by little bits and pieces. Of course you can't pick out which ones, it's at random. It'd make sense as spells could wear off, but this was from a royal spell book. Well we can't say that much now that the shield's weakening, especially as the spellcaster has no more active energy. If we waited some more time, the memory spell could weaken just enough for a recovery potion to have its effects, but then again we still don't have the ingredients," Jeongguk went on mumbling to himself. Taehyung just nodded, pretending as if he was catching on.

Jeongguk stopped his train of thought as he realized who he needed to share all this with. He shook his head, pushing that away. He didn't need to be thinking about Namjoon right now. He'd much rather just enjoy the day with Taehyung.

Their attention turned to the door as the guards had opened it. Hoseok came in with a bright smile. He bowed gracefully. "Your majesty."

Taehyung laughed. Hoseok was probably the only one still contantly doing that when no one who'd care about him not using honourifics was around. He'd do it purposefully to get a chuckle out of the prince.