Chapter 32: Nature's Healer Celebi

Part Five: Spirit of Darkness, Spirit of Light

                  Chapter 32:  Nature’s Healer Celebi

Soft. That was the first thing that penetrated my head. I was surrounded by the softest softness I had ever experienced in my life. It was wonderful, like what I imagined being on a cloud would feel like. I sighed contentedly, allowing myself to drift. No worries. No pressure. No Giratina. Life was good.

No Giratina. I paused, struggling to remember what I’d been doing before I came here. As I did so, I vaguely heard voices speaking, as if from a good distance away.

“Oh no! Mew-kun, he’s waking up too early! I haven’t finished healing him yet!”

“Well, what do you want me to do? He’s a Darkling. I’m a psychic. I mean, I could burn him, electrocute him, freeze him, or something like that, but keep him from waking up? I’d have to learn how you bypass dark energy with your Miracle-Eye-thing-move-deal.”

There was a giggle. “You know I’d be willing to teach you, Mew-kun.” The voice became very enthusiastic at this point. “I could teach you a lot of things and you could teach me! Then we could go sit together under the moon and our hands would happen to touch…I’d blush of course and call you a pervert because I’m the tender maiden of the forest, but we’d both know you meant nothing by it.”

“Uhhh…I…um…you are…um…I don’t even…WHAT?!”

“Awww! You’re blushing!”

“Can we…just focus on the Absol now?”

A soothing wave washed over me and I felt amazing. “There you go. Nice and easy. If you’re going to wake up, might as well feel good when you do, right?” the girlish voice said. I cracked one eye open and saw what had to be one of the most beautiful sights a Pokémon can behold. The essence of nature herself, floating above me with shimmering wings like a collection of dewdrops. Vibrancy and health radiated from her alongside the aura of awe people feel whenever they see one of Nature’s great works. The deepest canyon, the tallest mountain, or even the simple tranquility of a forest clearing. The emotions evoked by these were all bound up in the small, pixie-like figure before me. Celebi, maiden of the forest.

Oh, and Mew was behind her, muttering something to himself and stuffing portions of peach cobbler in his mouth. A little dribble down his chin and landed on his stomach. He glanced around furtively and then tried to bend over and lick it off. After somersaulting a few times, he gave up and assumed an innocent expression.

I licked my lips weakly. “I saw that,” I said softly. Odd. Even though I felt better than I ever had, I was so weak that I doubted I could even sit upright.

Mew looked like a Deerling caught in the headlights of one of those human vehicles that make a lot of noise and look like metal coffins on wheels. “Oh…” he said, “You…did? I thought you were still…waking up.”

Celebi eagerly stuck her face in mine. “What did he do? Blow me a kiss?”