Chapter 13

"Hey, Kiddos! I'm back." Patton called. He was going to head directly to his room, but he noticed Logan's door was open. Logan never had his door open, and Patton couldn't help but be mildly curious.

"Welcome back Pat," Virgil called from inside Logan's room. Patton's curiosity tripled.

"What are you two doin in there?" Patton bounced over to the room, looking around. "Oh wow, your room is so pretty Logan." Though it was too dark for his taste. "Look at that painting on the ceiling. Did you paint it yourself?"

"No, I do not have any artistic abilities. I hired someone from my college. He has quite a talent for painting, though he does have a mild obsession with caffeine. As for what Virgil and I were discussing, it has been a simple discussion regarding the celestial bodies."

"That's cool." Patton's brow furrowed.

Seeing Patton's confusion, Virgil smirked, "he was teaching me about space."

"I don't believe I could call it teaching, as I have stated, I don't have the credentials for that moniker, however, I was discussing some of my favorite galaxies and their inhabitants."

Patton's eyes lit up. "Can I join?"

"Are you certain you have any interest in this topic?" Logan asked a bit confused.

"Nope, but I really want to hear you talk about something you are passionate about." He flopped onto the bed next to Virgil, causing Virgil to bounce a bit.

"That is illogical Patton. If you have no interest in the topic, why would you want to listen to me speak about it?"

"Because it's something that makes you happy." Patton's smile was so bright, so caring.

Logan could hear Lewis' voice in his ear, 'Darling, I know you love astronomy, but I find it rather boring, can we talk about something else?' It made him nervous. He was trying to be a good roommate, he didn't want to push Patton away. Logan gripped his arm for just a moment.

This was illogical. He took in a deep breath and released his arm. Patton had asked. They were all aware of Logan's proclivity towards honest conversation. Logan could only assume they would return the favor and be honest with him. Patton had asked to listen.

Both men were sitting on the bed looking at him expectantly. Logan pushed up his glasses, despite them already being properly affixed, and he continued to talk about space. Occasionally, Virgil would stop Logan to ask questions, but Patton just listened with that childish grin on his face. It unsettled Logan. How could Patton be so happy when he had no interest in the subject? Logan was afraid to believe Patton was content just listening.

AN: What? An early chapter? How could this possibly be. I know, I know, but my excuse, I am stuck at home sick, and this is lucky chapter 13. Not to mention this is a turning point. 

I very much need y'alls opinion on this one because Roman is by far the hardest character for me to write. Was this okay? Do you feel like I need to change some of the dialogue? I hope you are all having a good day!

Also, one last thing, I have a flashback chapter written that is short and is about Lewis and Logan's relationship. Would y'all be interested in reading that? If not I'll keep it hidden.