Chapter 17

It shouldn't have been possible. WCKD wasn't able to find the Right Arm and then out of nowhere, the day they show up WCKD just so happens to find their camp?

Something wasn't right about the whole situation, and Emma wanted to know who it was, because she was pissed.
No, she was beyond being pissed off.

Forced to kneel, the soldiers lined them up like cattle at the front of the camp, as they scanned the back of the kid's necks.

Spotting her mom next to Vince a little ways away, she relaxed some, but not much.

Quickly her eyes scanned the camp, mentally assessing how many men WCKD had sent, and she could tell Kyra was doing the same.
Emma's heart sank further as she tried to scramble some kind of plan together to get them out of this, but there was nothing.
They were outnumbered and outgunned.

"How many did we get?" Janson. Of course he would be here, that man wouldn't miss passing up this kind of opportunity.
Rage bubbled up in the pit of her stomach, simmering along with all her other emotions Emma had kept pressing down.

"All of them. Give or take."

"Give or take what?"

"Well, they lost a few."

"A-4. A-6. A-5. B-3," the soldier scanning them reported out loud, skipping over Kyra and Emma when he couldn't pick up a tag on his device. She was thankful for that, but knew it wouldn't be long before they were outed or discovered.
They and Henry, at least.

"Where's Thomas?"

"Right here." The selfless dumbass, Emma thought. There he was, standing on the outer edges of the group of people the WCKD soldiers had created, hands up.

"Freeze! Go!"

Thomas let himself be pushed to the front, until he was stopped in front of Janson.

"Thomas," the man smiled coldly, before promptly punching him in the stomach, making him fall to the dirt.

"Get him in line," he ordered, before quietly saying something to another man, with a tablet.

"Why didn't you run?" Minho asked Thomas, who glared in Janson's direction.
"I'm tired of running."

A loud chopping hum filled the air as a berg came in over the mountain ridge behind them for a landing.

The bay door opened to reveal none other than Dr. Ava Paige in a crisp white outfit, a white fluffy looking hooded jacket completing the look of pure evil.
"Is this all of them?" She asked."Where are the Elites?"

Janson gestured to where Kyra and Emma still knelt, with Emma giving Newt a scared look.
They were going to take her away from him again, and that first separation had been hell.

Who knew what would happen to them next. Fear and adrenaline pulsed in her veins.
She couldn't, wouldn't loose him again.

"Most of them. It'll be enough."

"Start loading them in."

Terrified tears began threatening to fall, and Emma felt Newt grip her hand, tightly. He was terrified too.

"Yes, ma'am. Okay, you heard. Let's go! Get 'em on!"

Ava came towards them, motioning for a soldier to bring Thomas forward.

"Hello, Thomas," she said, then turned as a quiet Teresa was brought to Ava's side.
"I'm glad you're safe."

"What the hell? Teresa?" Frypan got up to stand beside Thomas, Newt doing the same and tightening his grip on Emma, pulling her to his side protectively.
"Wait, what's going on?"