Chapter Twenty Four

Start from the beginning

He saved some lives where he could so he didn't think he was a complete asshole. He got the feeling that Fate, Destiny or whoever ran the universe didn't agree with him. They were laughing at his expense. He could hear haunting, child-like laughter in the wind and it actually sounded pretty terrifying. He wondered if he should get Wendy to check on his mental health again. He was sure Deliora knocked a few screws loose.

Siegrain pulled open the door and brushed past Gray so fast he nearly face planted into the floor. Laxus stood outside the door with a smug grin on his face. Mystogan stood next to him with a lost look on his face. He looked like he had no idea what he was doing here.

"Can someone tell me whats eating him?" asked Mystogan.

Gray stared at him, "You don't know? He is your brother."

Mystogan shrugged, "I was supposed to meet up with Laxus and Siegrain. They went to the guild and everything was fine. Then they found me at the market. Laxus hasn't said a word expect grin like an ass and Siegrain had this goofy look on his face. A few minutes later the look turns to terror and he runs all the way out here like a bat out of hell. That ass won't answer any questions."

The ass that Mystogan was talking about was Laxus. He wore an expression so smug that Gray actually wanted to punch him in the face. It was obviously a sentiment that Mystogan shared with him because they ass just looked more smug as their frustration grew. Gray shared a look with Mystogan that basically asked him if he really wanted to get involved in whatever mess was about to unfold.

Mystogan on the other hand was spending too much time with Laxus. He wanted to know what was so important that Siegrain was panicking. He knew that they were probably going to be dragged into some sort of mess but he was kind of looking forward to the drama.

It wasn't exactly his fault but he had spent nearly a decade all alone. Mystogan was slowly coming to appreciate the chaos and drama of the guild. It was far more interesting than anything else he had come across for a while now.

If you wanted to blame someone then he blamed Natsu and Lucy. They were the ones that got him involved in their hair brained schemes. At first he thought they were crazy but he slowly came to appreciate the adrenalin rush and the spontaneity of this new life filled with so many people.

He had never felt more alive and enjoying his brothers suffering – well, what sibling didn't delight in their siblings drama. Unless of course, something was actually wrong and he could get hurt, then he would have to wipe that threat off the face of the earth. No one was allowed to mess with his family but him. Lucy was thrilled he was truly enjoying being in the guild.

Gray resisted the urge to hide in a hole. Mystogan had a look on his face that spelled trouble and he wasn't sure who it would be directed at. Mystogan did have more common sense than the other two but right now he seemed content to let whatever this was unfold.

Natsu stared at the out of breath, blue haired man in front of him, "Nice to see you but what are you doing here?" asked Natsu.

"What do I do on a date?" cried out Siegrain with a blush on his face.

Gray and Mystogan felt their jaws drop and Laxus finally started laughing. It was a deep belly laugh that shook his whole body and Siegrain turned to the man and hit him with a beam. He would have hit Mystogan with one as well but it seemed he was too much in shock to do anything else but stare.