Chapter Nineteen

AN: So one of my reviewers said that they preferred Juvia the way she's portrayed in the anime. They weren't completely happy with the conversation Lucy had with her. This is my reason for that- in this retelling of the story I've been avoiding the anime tropes.

This retelling with Natsu and Lucy back in time they're both in a much more mature mindset with completely different priorities. They saw a war - one that ended with the death of everyone they cared about. Juvia's jealousy doesn't fit in well. She is often distracted by her feelings for Gray like in the Naval Battle in the GMG arc. It makes her foolish and immature.

Also in the real world she would be a stalker and probably arrested. Also I seriously don't think her obsession with him is healthy. I do ship them after the Tartarus arc. We see the depth of Juvia's feeling very clearly there however in the anime with her being crazy it makes her an airhead. In a world filled with magic and dragons I'm trying to write it in a more realistic manner. Which means crazy will probably have you end up in a padded room.

I want to explore the characters to their full potential without denying any part of their personalities as realistically as possible. Juvia is a strong beautiful woman. She makes a good partner for Gray but only if we pull away from her antics that are used for humor purposes.

Sorry for the rant but I hope this helps you guys understand why I've written my story like this.

Now I've been playing with this idea for a long time now. The Galuna island arc is something that I have put a lot of thought into mostly because if this is Natsu from the end of the Alvarez arc then he is technically more powerful than Gildarts.

I say this because we see that he takes out Bluenote Stinger with one hit something that Gildarts couldn't do when they fought. (I don't care if you think I'm wrong. I know that this is something heavily debated and this is my opinion. Since I'm the author of this story its what I choose to believe.) He cannot hide that much power any longer so I hope you guys like the direction we're heading in.

This arc will be split up into two parts, maybe three depending on how long the next chapter will be. It will take some to pick up the depth of what I'm doing so if you think you know where I'm taking this arc review and lemme know.

Chapter 19 - Galuna Island Part 1

After dealing with the lullaby debacle Lucy was actually quite surprised when the magic council didn't send anyone to arrest Erza or Natsu. When she thought about it logically she could see the reason why they managed to avoid the consequences that they faced the last time. The magic council just wanted to be seen as doing something when they arrested Erza. She technically was never in any danger.

A demon of Zeref no matter how easily it had been dealt with had terrified the population. The people of the Kingdom relied on the military to keep them safe. The magic council was part of that military and they had failed to do anything about the situation. They hadn't even known what was happening until it was too late and their men failed at bringing down the guild responsible for unsealing the demon.

The guild didn't really advertise their actions. It was left to the magic council to clean up their mess and it was a mess. They had destroyed the train station, the railway line and the regular meeting place, not forgetting the mountain and land that the monster destroyed. Someone had to be seen taking responsibility for everything that happened in their first lifetime. Erza being the center of everything that happened was the perfect pawn.