Chapter Fifteen

Chapter 15

Natsu stood on the shore and looked around and noticed that the damage was even worse this time around. He also ignored the rune knights that were trying and failing to corral his guild mates. They wanted to take statements and interrogate them which would last for another week or so and he groaned silently to himself. He remembered how unending and pointless their questions had been the first time around.

There was no fucking way that after everything that just happened he was going to sit through another one of the councils power plays. He caught Lucy's eye and raised an eyebrow hoping that his wife would have some sort of plan for this. Just because he forgot about the rune knights doesn't mean that she forgot about them.

The unison raid that Wendy and Laxus created had destroyed Phantoms guild. The arms and legs of the building had been reduced to ash and several huge chunks of the building were currently floating away in the ocean.

The main part of the building was largely intact but the rest of it was fried. He could even see black smoke from the several fires that had caught inside the guild. All in all it looked like an empty husk and it was bloody ugly. He hoped that they got rid of the charred pieces soon. It was stinking up their property.

Natsu was secretly glowing with pride at the amount of damage his little girl was capable of dishing out. There was no way he was going to let Lucy know that. She would kick his ass if he encouraged Wendy to break things but the fact was that Wendy never attempted something like this before. She had just stepped up onto a whole new level way before he thought she would.

There were also several Phantom mages who were swimming to shore or floating on the broken debris. He wondered for a moment what happened to the phantom mages the first time and where they went when the rune knights appeared to terrorize them. All Fairy Tail mages had been questioned but he didn't remember a single phantom mage being brought in for questioning even though they had eventually ruled in their favor.

Fairy Tail's guild wasn't completely crushed. The metal poles and the damage it took when Jose's black spheres decided to pound on a building would need to be repaired. Actually it would probably be better to tear it down and rebuild it. There was no question about that. The land around them was utterly wrecked as well. It seemed that the guild was always destined for a makeover.

Lucy ran up to him, ignoring the rune knights for the moment and kissed him as soon as she saw him. The couple celebrated their win and in that moment they also celebrated how differently everything had turned out.

Their celebration was interrupted when Wendy moved towards them and one of the knights caught her by the arm roughly. The young girl cried out in surprise as the knights rough grip bruised her arms. Carla immediately started clawing at the man trying to get him to release her friend.

Natsu roared. It was the sound that an animal would make when they were warning someone to back the fuck off before the animal decided to eat them and the knight froze. Well, technically everyone froze in place not wanting to anger the mage. The knights stopped trying to coral the fairies who had been checking on their guild mates. They had injured friends to see too and no one cared what the rune knights wanted them to do.

They were ignoring everything that they were told when they heard Natsu roar and it was a sound so terrifying and foreign coming from the soft hearted young man that they all knew that everyone paused.